Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm living life to the fullest now (finally)!

Pin It Now!




My friends and I out at a winery for some Friday night fun!


If you have been reading my blog since I started it way back in 2005, you probably have noticed that so much has changed in my life since then!

The biggest change is that I've lost 60 lbs! Another big change is that I get out and have fun! I used to complain to my daughter that she was never home, now the tables are turned and she's always complaining I'm never home!

It feels good to be able to say that life is great at fifty-something!
Lauren, who is now 19, is still at home and going to a local college. My son graduated from college a couple years ago and is working at the University he attended.

When I was younger I thought at this time in my life, when my kids where raised, I would be ready to sit back and be an old person, but that is so not how I feel! I feel younger now than I did in my thirties, and I'm having more fun now than ever!

My weekends are full of mountain bike riding and hiking through the trails of Northern California. I also get out and have fun with my friends every chance I get! Every single weekend for the last couple years has been thoroughly enjoyed!!! There is no better fun than spending time with family and friends!
Here I am just before we rode our bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge. I've rode across it 3 times in the last year!

Can you say, It's good to be me? I think that's something we all should be able to say! I think one thing I've learned over that last few years is that we need to make our own life great! You can't wait for others to make your life good!

I can honestly say it's good to be me and it feels good to admit that! Say it, then believe it, then it will be! It works! It's good to be me!

This post is not just about me...it's also to share a dessert I made with Seagram's Ginger Ale! I know I've mentioned it before but I LOVE anything with ginger! I love, love, love Ginger!!!


I love it so much I made a Seagram's Ginger Ale Float!


I used a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream (I used low fat, sugar free ice cream).


I also chopped some candied ginger. I love this stuff!


Then I poured some Seagram's Ginger Ale over the ice cream and topped it with the candied ginger! This was so refreshing and so good!!!

Do you have any special things you like to do with Ginger Ale? Seagram's has a fun new app on Facebook! It allows you to stamp a friend's photo with the GTBU (Good to be you) stamp. You can find it on the Seagram's Ginger Ale Facebook Page. Try it and let your friends know you appreciate the fun times and milestone moments you've shared!

[signature.gif]

24 comments:

faythe said...

Cindy you do look awesome..such an inspiration.

The Ginger Ale float looks yummy..must try it..

Amy Kinser said...

I love this post! I also love the question you asked...Is it good to be me?

Hmmmm....I have got to work on that one.

Thanks for the reminder.

God bless, Amy

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

It makes me happy that YOU are so happy. Good for you, hon, honestly it all looks good on you.

Enjoy, life is short.

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Dear Cindy!
I am so glad you are having fun! Isn't 50 the new 30's??
The float looks yummy, I never thought of that!

Kathy Sturr said...

This was a fun post to read, and it's sooooo good to see you so happy! Your weight loss is amazing, and you're an inspiration! xoxo

roseroomnz.com said...

have followed your blog for some years now and so very happy for you! Rachael xo

Jan Hermann said...

I'm soooo happy for you Cindy. I have noticed all the changes in the past few years...and how you just "glow"!

Enjoy life!
Jan ♥

Melissa Miller said...

Cindy you look gorgeous and more importantly you look very happy.

Blessings to you sweet lady! :)

PS I'm trying that float. Yum!

Rita's Recipes said...

I've been following you for years. You were on of the 3 blogs I checked into every day. I've seen every post and gotten a lot of inspiration for decor and projects.
Glad you've put yourself on top of the list. Carry on and have fun!
Cheers! Rita

Anne said...

Hi Cindy, I'm new to your blog. I've become a follower. Good for you for feeling great about yourself. And your dessert float looks so good. Although I've never seen Seagram's Ginger Ale in my area.

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

This is wonderful. So happy to read that you're happy! The pic is gorgeous..you are gorgeous and I love your shirt! Enjoy your happy life!

Lynn B said...

I am so glad I visted today, Good for you! You look awesome, I am also 50+ and started on Monday once again to lose weight, Wow! you are such an inspiration! I love what Claudine from CondensedLoveHome said, we are the new 30's!!! Hugs, Lynn

Unknown said...

Very inspirational - enjoy life, it's too short!

Steph. :) said...

Cindy you are amazing, girl!!!! I needed to read this post today. My oldest just graduated from HS yesterday and I am walking around all weepy and feeling fat and gross. I'd love to hike with you if I lived closer! XXOO, Steph.

Unknown said...

Cindy,
You look terific! and I love your attituded...I really need to get to that place in my own life but I am on my way.

Kindredly, Lynnie

Elsie said...

Cindy it is good to see you happy!!! Your float looks
good!

Heaven's Walk said...

You go, girl! Live life to the fullest and break some rules along the way, too. lol! You look fabulous and so happy! Thanks for the recipe for the float. I'm definitely going to try it out! :)

xoxo laurie

Heirloom treasures said...

I am so pleased you are enjoying life,afterall we only get one. Must try your recipe looks very refreshing. x

Connie@shabbyforsure said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog and the float looks yummy. You go girl...Connie

Judi said...

Cindy.....
As a long time reader, I am always excited to see you out and about and enjoying your life! Isn't it amazing what losing weight can do for your life?
You look beautiful and happy....because you are!

Onward!
Judi

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

My grampa always made us Ginger Ale floats, so this brought back lovely memories. I'll make one soon and raise a toast to you and the rest of us gals in our 50's!

Charlene said...

You look amazing!!! ENJOY!!!
Charlene

Atif said...

Truly Awe-Inspiring blog post. I just cant resist checking it out time now and again. I guess the ultimate love letter my personal blog is equally interesting to read out. SO why not give it a try :)

Anonymous said...

Truly Awe-Inspiring blog post. I just cant resist checking it out time now and again. I guess the ultimate love letter my personal blog is equally interesting to read out. SO why not give it a try :)