I've been given so many awards and tags in the last couple weeks so I've put them all together here. (I apologize if I missed any) I'm not going to pass these on because this took long enough to just put this together!
First off...I was tagged by Suzann~Lavender and Roses to show you five things I love about my state, the state of California. I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area so I'm going to only focus on Northern California. There a so many things I love about this area that it was hard to just pick five (so I didn't)!
1. The Golden Gate Bridge ~ I've driven across it so many times in my life but I still feel in awe every time! It's a must see if you ever come to California!
2. The Northern California Wine Country is another wonderful thing about living here. It's fun to drive to Napa but there are also some great wineries just minutes from where I live. Some of the best dates I ever had were wine tasting and picnics at the winery.
3. Another great thing about living here is visiting Carmel by the Sea! It's such a beautiful place and I feel very fortunate to live close enough to visit easily. It's a little over an hour away.
4. We don't get snow where I live but if we drive a few hours to Lake Tahoe there is lots of snow and great skiing. I used to ski a lot when I was younger. I'm not sure how my knees could handle it now!
- My daughter's favorite thing is the sourdough bread which is the real San Francisco treat!
- Great Seafood ~ Eating fresh crab, mussels, oysters and salmon (with sourdough bread of course)!
- The beaches ~ It's 30 minute drive over the hill for me but I love to go to just smell the fresh ocean air!
- The weather ~ I think most people move here for that.
- High Tech Jobs ~ Most of the time in Silicon Valley there are plenty of jobs. You can work at great places like Yahoo, Google, eBay...
- Cultural Diversity ~ I like living in a place were cultural diversity is accepted and appreciated. It's not perfect here but I think people are a lot more accepting of others here.
- Shopping~there are so many great shops and flea markets here.
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random/weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, here are 7 random facts about me:
4. I believe in the power of positive thinking!
6. I like anchovies on my pizza but I never get them because no one else likes them!