Monday, April 16, 2007

Saratoga, California

Pin It Now!

Silicon Valley sounds like such a harsh place but it actually has some cute, little, quaint towns. Saratoga is one of those and I feel lucky to live just on the outskirts of it. I have the benefits of living close but not the high rent...actually, I don't think there are many rental places in Saratoga but the houses are more expensive. I grew up in Saratoga when I was little before we moved to San Jose. I remembered that there were cute little houses behind the church I attended. I found this cute neighborhood because my best friend and I used to cut Sunday School when we were in Jr. High and roam around the town for an hour and then make sure we were back in time before her parents came out of their service ....can you believe that! My daughter and I took a drive through these streets the first Saturday in April on our way home from the flea market. During our drive we stopped and took pictures from inside the car. Here are some of the homes we saw (these look so much cuter in person than they do in these pictures).
This house below is on the main road, Saratoga Ave. I'm not sure if this is an old house or if it's new and meant to look old. Lucky for us their gates were open so we just pulled up. See the french doors on the left side...I was so afraid someone was going come out of there and ask why we are taking pictures of their house!
This house was really nice but hard to take a picture of because of all the trees. It has a huge front porch.


There are a lot of quaint little areas in Silicon Valley so I'm going to try to get out and take some pictures to share with you in the future.

14 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Cindy,
I love to go for drives and look at houses too!!!
These are pretty, I love white houses and little white picket fences :)

Candy

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!
I too love to look at houses. I have passed down this voyer trait to my oldest daughter. She is learning how to drive so I have her go down my favorite streets! I've never been brave enough to take pictures. At Christmas we go to a beautiful old neighborhood to look at lights...my daughter will say did you see the inside of that home???

Anonymous said...

I like that all the house are different styles. That one that looks like a Cotswold cottage is amazing! I too love driving around and looking at houses & landscaping. I haven't gotten up the nerve to take pictures though!

Manuela

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Now that's a great neighborhood..you just can't beat those older homes. I would take any of them.

Susie Q said...

I love to do this too...I can just imagine what they look like inside.
LOVE the stone cottage...: ) That would be my dream.
Hugs,
Sue

Southern Heart said...

What a charming area! I've never been to CA, and have been so taken with so many houses I have seen on the internet....lovely bits of Americana with great yards and gardens. Thank you for sharing these today.

Anonymous said...

I love to drive through some of the SoCal neighborhoods. The homes are so charming.

Meg said...

oh, I love to look at these houses! Thank you so much for posting. I know it seems like the pictures don't do them justice, but trust me, they look adorable!

calamitykim said...

I enjoyed checking out those houses- especially the tudor style cottage- so lovely! Florida just doesn't compare to the rest of the states with older homes, so stylishly designed...we do have a few nice beach cottages around...I will be back soon! Thanks!

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

oooh, i want to live in one of those, how lovely... debbie =) p.s. brave girl you are - lol! i wish i dared snapped photos -- hmmm, maybe i will...

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What wonderful houses. It's nice to know someone else likes to drive around and "inspect" others' homes. Thanks for being brave enough to take pictures!. Also, great blog.

Ele

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Great houses! Thanks for beging brave enough to take pictures. Enjoyed your blog.

Ele

Lallee said...

What a charming neighborhood. My husband used to have to go to San Jose (from Florida) every other month for work. I went out and joined him twice for vacation. I wish we had visited this beauty of a town.

lisa golightly said...

Ahhh ... a girl after my own heart ! I went to Redwood Jr high and Saratoga HS ! I cut an occassional Sun school class ( shh ! ) and know a lot of these houses ! My parents still live there and I am charmed every time I visit. Love your blog !!!