Thursday, January 18, 2007

Beautiful Things!

Pin It Now!


I got the new issue of Country Home yesterday and I love this birdcage! I have a small old birdcage on a stand with one little old finch that my daughter bought when she was about 7 or 8 years old. I can't believe that bird is still living. He can no longer fly but he seems happy. If I forget to feed him he does a little dance on the bottom of the cage to get my attention. It's the cutest thing. I love his little chirps. I may get a canary one day, I love to hear them sing.

Also, I just had to say a big THANK YOU to all of you that left a comment on my last post. You guys are great! I hope I didn't come across pathetic because I'm actually happier now than I ever was when I was married.

Ashley...I laughed so hard when you mixed those two movies up because I did the same thing the other day. I love "Somethings Gotta Give", it's one of my favorite movies. Diane Keaton is my favorite actress. My daughter asked me if I have seen the previews for her new movie called "Because I said so". She said "Oh MOM...that is your kind of movie" If you go here you can see the trailer for the movie. I cannot wait to see this!

One of the great things about kids is that there are times when you can learn so much from them. They have opened my eyes to so many things. This morning as I was dropping my daughter off at school and she was about to get out of the car and into the cold she turned to me and said "you are sooooo lucky that you get to drive 40 minutes to work every morning." What? I think my response was "Are you crazy?" Then she went on to say that she has to go sit in a cold classroom now but I get to sit in a warm car and listen to the radio for 40 minutes. I'm telling you, I never thought of my commute as a good time but today I looked at in a whole different way thanks to her. I'm usually in such a hurry to get to work that I don't appreciate the drive but today was different. I noticed the birds, the hills and just enjoyed my commute to work.

8 comments:

diana said...

too funny, my daughter and I were just talking about Keatons new movie...Feb 2nd... cant wait... and yes teens are so very wise... I cant believe some of the things they say..
so much fun to live with them bc I see the world in a much different way because of them !

Anonymous said...

Okay..wish we could meet at the movies with junk food and pop...have a nice evening! blessings!

Susie Q said...

What a gorgeous cage!!

I love Diane Keaton! I too am excited about the new movie! Looks so good...with popcorn and Junior Mints and Coke and....

Love and hugs,
Sue

Deb said...

Fantastic post!
I just bought the "Country Home" mag yesterday ...isn't that finch cage amazing!
I am also a huge Diane Keaton fan and "Somethings Gotta Give" is one of my favourite movies.
Looking forward to the new movie "Because I said so" - thanks for the link!

Jen Kershner said...

I love that bird cage. Wasn't that Country Home wonderful? Aren't they all? I can't wait to see Diane Keaton's new movie. I will drag sweet hubby with me. Jen

~Moondust Marita~ said...

I know this post is quite older but I found it while looking for the coffee filter roses. But anyway, My mom pointed out that kind of thing to me last year too. I lived about 45 mins from my parents and one day while we were going to my place, I stated that I hate this long drive and she said, "I always like it because we get to spend time together talking and listening to the music." Boy did that make me look at it differently.

Hombre said...

My wonderful wife forwarded me this post and you're right. I learn from my children all the time. Like today, when I emailed my daughter to ask for help getting ready for my wife's 50th birthday. She informed me, her 50th birthday is next year, not this year.

I drive 85 miles each way to work and have learned to take time to praise God for his wonderful creation as I drive along. I never get tired of the beauty...even when it's raining.

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy, I'm new at the comment thing. I just want to say, your beautiful & very talented person. I've been watching your blog for a couple months now and your very creative. You look like you have a happy and busy life. So, 50 is just a number as long as you,re young at heart. The thing about men, there from Mars and we women are from Venus. Two very different chemical makeups..... So Happy Birthday & jump out of that plane blowing out your 50 candles. Carol Ann