Monday, June 27, 2005

Fun at the beach on Saturday!

Pin It Now!

I can't believe I forgot to bring my camera! My daughter, two of her friends and I headed to Santa Cruz on Saturday morning for a fun filled day. First we went to Woodies on the Wharf. A car show with classic woodies. Since I forgot my camera you'll have to see the pictures here http://www.santacruzwoodies.com/index.html

The girls found it really boring but I loved it. Next year I plan to go without them. I really felt rushed and I would have liked to have spent more time looking at the cars.

After the car show we walked over to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk http://www.beachboardwalk.com/. We have season tickets so we go there often. It was very crowded but the lines for the rides weren't too long. I grew up going there so it has a special place in my heart. I'm glad that my daughter gets to have this experience also. We finally left there about 4:30 pm. We all wanted to stay longer but I had a commitment to babysit a neighbor kid so I had to be home by 5:00pm.

I called my dad when I got home, I couldn't wait to tell him about the car show. My dad used to restore classic cars. So has my brother and my ex-brother-in-law. My dad told me he had an old Ford Woodie when I was born. No wonder I feel such an attraction to them. I was probably brought home from the hospital in one...HOW COOL!

The weekend was great until about 5pm on Sunday. I went to go outside and the pavement was wet because I had just watered the plants. I was wearing flip-flops and as soon as I put my foot down on the wet pavement, I went flying. I can't believe I did that. I know flip flops and wet concrete don't mix...slippery as heck!! I am in so much pain now. My knee and my ankle are both swollen. I sure hope they are better soon because I hate not being able to walk. What timing...last Friday I signed up at work to do The Million Step Challenge. I need to walk a million steps in a year. It was bad enough that I forgot to wear my pedometer on Saturday because between the car show and the boardwalk, I easily walked over 10 miles. I have mild arthritis in my knees so I started taking my medication because I know that will help with the swelling.

No comments: