Monday, June 27, 2005

Fun at the beach on Saturday!

Pin It Now!

I can't believe I forgot to bring my camera! My daughter, two of her friends and I headed to Santa Cruz on Saturday morning for a fun filled day. First we went to Woodies on the Wharf. A car show with classic woodies. Since I forgot my camera you'll have to see the pictures here

The girls found it really boring but I loved it. Next year I plan to go without them. I really felt rushed and I would have liked to have spent more time looking at the cars.

After the car show we walked over to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk We have season tickets so we go there often. It was very crowded but the lines for the rides weren't too long. I grew up going there so it has a special place in my heart. I'm glad that my daughter gets to have this experience also. We finally left there about 4:30 pm. We all wanted to stay longer but I had a commitment to babysit a neighbor kid so I had to be home by 5:00pm.

I called my dad when I got home, I couldn't wait to tell him about the car show. My dad used to restore classic cars. So has my brother and my ex-brother-in-law. My dad told me he had an old Ford Woodie when I was born. No wonder I feel such an attraction to them. I was probably brought home from the hospital in one...HOW COOL!

The weekend was great until about 5pm on Sunday. I went to go outside and the pavement was wet because I had just watered the plants. I was wearing flip-flops and as soon as I put my foot down on the wet pavement, I went flying. I can't believe I did that. I know flip flops and wet concrete don't mix...slippery as heck!! I am in so much pain now. My knee and my ankle are both swollen. I sure hope they are better soon because I hate not being able to walk. What timing...last Friday I signed up at work to do The Million Step Challenge. I need to walk a million steps in a year. It was bad enough that I forgot to wear my pedometer on Saturday because between the car show and the boardwalk, I easily walked over 10 miles. I have mild arthritis in my knees so I started taking my medication because I know that will help with the swelling.

No comments: