Friday, June 24, 2005

100 Things about me!

Pin It Now!

I thought writing 100 things about me would be harder that it was. It feels very "self absorbed" to do this but I love reading other blogger's lists so I thought I would give it a shot.

100 things about me

1. I’m the youngest of three kids
2. I’m a first generation Californian and the only one in my family born here
3. I was born in Silicon Valley, way before it was known as Silicon Valley (the actual name is Santa Clara County)
4. I remember when there were apricot and plum (prune variety) orchards all around this area, now it's a lot of high tech companies
5. I’m of Swedish, German and Scottish decent
6. I just found out I’m part Scottish recently
7. One of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/hart.htm
8. I was almost kidnapped when I was 12 years old
9. I was a cheerleader in high school
10. I was also Senior Class Vice President
11. I loved high school
12. I’ve been divorced twice (not proud of that)
13. Both my ex-husbands cheated on me
14. Surprisingly I still trust most men (unless they give me reason not to)
15. My mom and dad have been married over 60 years
16. All three of their children have been divorced twice
17. I had a happy childhood and always felt loved (thanks mom & dad)
18. I love the beach
19. I live about 25 minutes from the beach
20. I have two great kids, Vince and Lauren
21. I really want to take ballroom dancing classes
22. I quit smoking in November 2004
23. I love wine
24. I love going wine tasting
25. I love Taco Bell
26. I love sushi
27. I love seafood
28. I hate lima beans and pickled beets
29. I won $40,000 in 1993 at a company picnic
30. I knew I was going to win…it was such a strong feeling I had
31. My mom taught me to knit when I was about 6 years old
32. I just started drawing recently and now I want to take art classes
33. I won a poster drawing contest in 6th grade
34. I drive a 1999 Camaro
35. My previous car was a Taurus Station Wagon
36. I love old cars
37. I want a vintage Vespa
38. I don’t feel as old as I am
39. I do have arthritis though (in my knees)
40. I feel like I’m about to have a mid-life crisis
41. I love flowers
42. My favorite flower is blue hydrangeas
43. I can bake really good cookies – molasses cookies are my specialty
44. I feel like I was born in the wrong era; I should have been born in the 40s
45. I hate working, I’d rather stay home
46. I was a stay-at-home mom for 2 years and I loved it
47. I probably won’t be able to retire until I’m about 70 years old or dead, whichever comes first
48. I hate being single
49. I’m always broke
50. I love shopping at flea markets and thrift stores
51. I love finding good deals
52. I’m easily excited about stupid things (my ex-husband pointed this out to me)
53. I’m very “even-keeled” (my first ex-mother-in-law told me that)
54. I don’t get depressed very often and I hate it when I do
55. I get depressed when my house is a mess
56. I'm obsessed with having a clean house
57. I vacuum my living room and dining room almost every day
58. This obsession drives my kids crazy
59. I love to cook
60. I love the Food Network channel
61. I love the Home and Garden channel even more
62. I love reality shows
63. I love the Gilmore Girls, mostly I love Luke on the Gilmore Girls
64. I watch too much TV
65. I’m a homebody
66. I force myself to go out and do things
67. Once I’m out having fun, I’m glad I’m not at home
68. I’m a natural redhead but I dye my hair strawberry blond
69. My daughter got my red hair, I got mine from my dad
70. My mother, brother and sister are all natural blondes
71. My parents always told me I was special because I had red hair
72. That always made feel really good
73. My whole house is blue, white and yellow
74. I hate rap music
75. I hate country music
76. I love smooth jazz
77. I love Frank Sinatra
78. I love old houses
79. I want to own my own shop someday (dreaming here)
80. I love to have dreams that I’m flying
81. I have a reoccurring dream that I’m in a 3-story old house
82. In the dream I’m trying to walk up to the third floor but I’m afraid
83. Someone told me that means I have talents that I need to pursue
84. I wish I had a job where I could be creative
85. I was really shy when I was younger
86. I’m so afraid of becoming a grumpy old biddy
87. I’m 5’7” tall
88. Both my kids are taller than me
89. I tried the online dating thing
90. I have some really funny dating stories
91. I’m still friends with some of the guys I dated
92. I was married to my high school sweetheart for almost 10 years
93. I went to my 25 year high school reunion
94. I got asked out by the hunky football player I had a crush on in high school
95. As expected, I wasn’t so impressed with him 25 years later
96. I’m a hopeless romantic
97. I light candles in my house almost every night
98. I think I’m a good mom but I really hope my kids think I am
99. I love it when they make me gifts
100. I never hold a grudge against anybody because it makes me physically sick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comment is this...I'm coming back to read your 100 things cuz it's almost bedtime for the kidlets and I made a pan of hot rice krispie treats for me and the hubby to eat! Yum! I'll be baaaaack! : )

P.S. I'm doing the 100 things thing at some point.

Blessings!

Abbie said...

So in looking for more decorating ideas, I'm waaaay back here. I love that I stumbled on this post.
I can say I can relate to 80 percent of this. Especially about being single, online dating (I currently have a profile on Yahoo) I'm also 5'7 and was extremely shy when I was younger. I too hate rap, but I love new era (read faith hill, martina mcbride etc) country.
Great getting to know more about you.