Thursday, January 21, 2016

Reminiscing - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!


Hi and Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  

I have nothing new to share this week but I've been very much reminiscing about my old apartment.  My lease just came up at the apartment my daughter and I have been living at for the past two years (I cannot believe it's been two years already) and I would love to move but the rent prices in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area have just skyrocketed over the last 2 years.  That was the reason I had to leave the last place because my landlord knew she could get a lot more $$ for it! 

I looked for another place but I can't afford anything out there now! I can barely afford what I have.  To make ends meet I've started driving for Uber as a second job. It's great because I can set my own schedule and drive when I want to!  I've only been doing it less than a week but I can see that extra income is going to help!

...anyway, I came across some old photos of my old place so I thought I would share some of my favorites this week (as I shed a tear)....


The sad part is when lived here I really didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. I thought it was old (in a 1960s old way, not a nice vintage old way)! Now I look back and realize what I had is sooo much better than what we have now! sigh...

******

 I was sooo happy when my landlord finally put in laminate floors after talking about doing it for years...


Oh and my little patio...how I miss you so! 


Thanks for allowing me to reminisce!  At least because of blogging I have so many photos of this place and I can reminisce any time I want!  I know someday I'll be back in a cute little place, probably even better than this one!

 **********
Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 

 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.

NOTE:  There is still time to enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card on my Marie Callender's pie post! Click here to enter if you haven't already done so!


[signature.gif]

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Move out here to NC :) Beautiful weather, beautiful views and affordable!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos of your past apartment Cindy and those blue delphiniums in the patio are stunning! Your present apartment is beautiful as well!

Thelma said...

Your previous apt. is beautiful. You decorate so well that I'm sure you can make any place just as beautiful. xo

Lynda said...

I feel your pain Cindy! I loved your old apartment, your dining room hutch, your patio, loved it all. I wish you could find a place you love, that's inspiring, and affordable. I agree with the previous comment--you can make any home beautiful. You have wonderful taste.
I hope an apartment is out there just waiting for you! Good luck!

The Vintage Chateau said...

Thanks for sharing just charming vignettes. Many of your things remind of my mom's. And good luck driving Uber - sounds like it could be fun!
Karee

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics and taking us down memory lane. Although I'm sure your new place is lovely with your decorating talents, I like how you mentioned that you took your old place for granted and even thought it wasn't "nice enough". So often we ALL do that and don't appreciate what we DO have at the time. Good reminder for us. Best wishes in your new venture with Uber! Thanks for hosting this terrific party!

Marsha said...

The pictures you shared are so pretty-- Thank you for hosting the party. I don't think I've visited your blog before until tonight. Good luck with the Uber!

Anonymous said...

No matter where you are you make such a lovely home filled with love. It's stunning both before and your present home. I also am in the bay area over the hill (17) and (get ready) pay 1650 for a studio!!!! Best of luck with Uber I know many it's a saving grace for.

Calypso In The Country said...

My husband always uses Uber and has been very happy with it. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!
Shelley

Curtains in My Tree said...


Isn't it terrible we don't know and appreciate what we have till it's gone.

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello fabulous! I love to stop by your amazing party. Thank you for hosting. Please stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7 pm. We pin and tweet everything! Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

Beeutiful by Design said...

The apt is so lovely I know your next home will be equally as beautiful. Glad you are excited about Uber my BIL is doing that too and has been quite happy. Thanks for hosting.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Glad you shared your old apartment with us Cindy, I'm sorry it makes you feel sad. You have such lovely things that I know your new place is just as romantic and charming. And if it isn't just keep on creating, I know you can do it!
Sending hugs,
Gina

Bonnie Schulte said...

Remember the expression, "This too, will pass" when referring to sad or bad times, and it is true, I wish for you, this to be true...Hang in there, you will survive! and with all you want it to be...Just believe........Hugs from WI..

vintage girl at heart said...

I too miss the old days. Old homes.. old blogging days etc.. You make sunshine where ever you go~ I have always enjoyed your talents with your home, cooking gardening etc. Hope you new UBER adventure helps out. Seems like everyone is short these days. Hugs.

quakerhillfarm said...

You have experienced much change. One thing will never change and that is the talent you have to create beauty. I have always loved to visit your site. It is always so peaceful and beautiful. Thanks for once again sharing your wonderful talent past and present!

Sonia said...

I loved your previous apartment and patio garden, but you have made your new place look so pretty. We would love to move back to California but the real estate prices are just too high as we are facing retirement in a few years. We visit as often as we can, but what a blessing that you are able to live in such a beautiful place! Best to your new Uber business!

Unknown said...

I loved the interior design and decoration of the home. This kind of interior design is still elegant, captivating and never be faded. More power!!

xoxo,

Nancy@solidgold

janicek said...

Oh, Cindy, you bring your home spirit wherever you go. I too loved your old place. In fact you were one of the first blogs I ever looked at in blogland and I found your posts so inspiring. Keep looking - I feel positive that the right place will come along for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this posts, so much great information to have a look at and different ways which you can plan around your central heating Cindy

Moggie said...

You made a beautiful setting from a plain fireplace, everything looks so warm and cozy.

I used to have wine after work, too, so I know what you mean - it relaxes me, but maybe too much! I tend to not get anything done, and I always feel better the next day when I don't have it, so I stopped years ago. Work is hard enough without feeling fuzzy the next day.

Have a great weekend-
Nancy

filcowy kufer Hogaty said...

I love shabby chic decorations http://hogata-filcowe-cudenka.blogspot.com/

Tonita said...

Your pictures and home are always beautiful to look at. I was born and raised in the CA bay area. Moved from the rat race 17 years ago and never looked back. Went to WA state for 15 yrs and hated the gray weather. Bought a TINY farmhouse online sight unseen in the Appalachian mountains of NC. Life is so much better here. Low prices on gas, beautiful friendly people and amazing weather. You can rent a wonderful home for 700.00 a mo. People get a little glued to thinking CA is wonderful, but if you move from the bay area you will see that you can create a wonderful life with much less stress and it will be much more affordable.I hope the best for you and know with your talent for decorating you will make any apartment just beautiful. Many Blessings to you.