Thursday, April 30, 2015

Bougainvillea - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday! 

Last week I went to Costco just to buy some groceries until I saw this gorgeous bougainvillea out in front of the store. I couldn't resist!  Costco always seems to get me with something I want but don't really need!


Luckily I already had a pot to transplant it into. 



I'm really loving the colors of this bougainvillea.  They grow like weeds here in California but I've never grown one in a container before.  I've also never seen one with pink and white flowers.  The colors go from light to dark, almost like an umbre effect. 




I seem to have a lot of pink flowers on my balcony.  Here is another one...



***********
Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 
 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.

[signature.gif]

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Your balcony must look so beautiful from the living room Cindy !!!
Thanks so much for the party - have a lovely weekend

Susan Freeman said...

This is gorgeous Cindy ~ I love it. I can see that this new apartment is bringing back your muse. Oh and I love Costco too. I feel so lucky living here in the Crossroads because I can visit the Costco in Houston or San Antonio or Austin in about the same amount of driving time. Thanks for the party. You are getting your groove back. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Beautiful plant and your patio looks so inviting and peaceful.
Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend,
Gina

Home on the Corner said...

I love bougainvillea! I have had them in my yard a few times, buy my Ca. area seems to get a little too hot, plus with the drought now, I probably won't be buying any new plants :(. Thanks for hosting the party!

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

I have always wanted a bougainvillea. They are so beautiful - but unfortunately not as common here in the upper left-hand corner of the U.S. Thanks for sharing it and for hosting this great party, Cindy!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I had this plant in many colors in my last house and they are always gorgeous.
Thanks for hosting.
FABBY

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a beautiful balcony, the pinks are wonderful. Thank you for Show and Tell Friday Cindy. Have a great week.
Joy

The Charm of Home said...

That is beautiful Cindy! Thanks for hosting!

Cheryl said...

I love your plant, love that pink!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Wow! It's colour is perfect!

Katherines Corner said...

Gorgeous!!! Thank you for hosting another great party. I'm always happy to join in the fun. Happy Weekend Wishes ♥

CD Loken said...

What a lovely place to enjoy a cup of coffee and the sunshine!! Thank you so much for hosting, Cindy!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your balcony looks so pretty with you flowers. A great place to have your morning coffee or take a break in the afternoon.
Next time I come up to visit my son, maybe we can get together and meet.
Thanks for the great party and have a terrific weekend.
Mary

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello cute lady! I love stopping by each week to party with you. It would be amazing if you would stop by our party. We Pin and Tweet Everything! Lou Lou Girls

Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance said...

Thanks so much for hosting the party, Cindy! Your Bougainvillea's are absolutely beautiful! I'm thinking I need to make a trip up to Costco!
Many Blessings for a wonderful weekend,
Theresa

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful! Your display on your balcony is so pretty - thanks for sharing it with us.
Enjoy the weekend.
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Lindas flores! Elas trazem alegria para o ambiente.

Braydenblake said...

Good Information,MogerMedia is an integrated marketing firm which develops multifaceted marketing platforms for clients.
Home Improvement

Jan said...

You are definitely right ...that is the most unusually beautiful color of bougainvillea I've ever seen. I'm gonna keep an eye out for one. I have a table very similar to this one and have been itching to paint it. Think I will now ...thanks :)