Thursday, December 19, 2013

More Christmas Decor - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!

 
Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  This week I wanted to share some more of my little apartment decorated for Christmas.  I cleaned house on Saturday and had plans to wash my car and take photos of my Christmas décor on Sunday but my daughter had other plans!  Since she turned 21 and is now of legal drinking age she woke up and said "lets go to brunch"  since now she can order mimosas!  I put off my plans because hers sounded so much more fun.  Brunch turned into a whole day of going here and there ...So here it is Wednesday night after work and I'm trying to take photos in the dark.
 
 
Beau jumped up on the chair when I brought the camera out...




...and then Coco Chanel had to get in the photo too!  She's getting so big now!  She turned 4 months old on my daughter's 21st birthday!
 
Lauren's 21st Birthday!
 
Here is a photo of my daughter (with her "birthday girl" tiara) and her friend and I at her birthday dinner. My daughter and I spent the whole day together and then met up for dinner with family. Then she and her friends went out dancing. She said it was the best birthday ever.  I still can't believe she's 21!  We laugh because now she is of legal drinking age and no one ever asks for her ID! 
 
Both my kids have December birthdays! My son, Vince turns 27 on Thursday, December 19th!  Happy Birthday Vince and Lauren!
 
 


 
As you can see, I haven't done much Christmas shopping yet. I only have one present under the tree!  All my money is going into savings since I have to move by the end of February!  There will be more presents under there soon though!

 
These photos didn't turn out very well in the low light. I'm still getting used to the photo editing software that came on my computer. I'm missing the Photoshop I had on my old MacBook!   I don't want to spend the money on that right now since I have to move by the end of February.




I usually use faux greenery on my staircase but I was at Trader Joe's and saw this real cedar garland for such a great price I decided to buy it. It looked great for about 5 days and now it's so dried out. 
 

 
...I have collected so many ornaments through the years...
 

 
My company is having a shutdown over the Christmas holiday so I'm really looking forward to the time off.  I plan to spend some time looking for a new apartment! Wish me luck!  I don't have to be out until the end of February but I know that will be here before I know it!!
 
I'm actually looking forward to being a new place now although the dreadful moving day is always on my mind. I've had two dreams about it. The first...my landlord showed up at my door and told me that she realized how much I loved living here and said she changed her mind and they are not going to kick me out to renovate this place...I was so torn in my dream because I had my mind set on moving into something new and felt ready for a change.  My second dream is that a bunch of my blog friends came to help me move and I was giving all my things away because I didn't want the clutter in my new apartment! lol... as you can see this move is always on my mind...even in my dreams!
 
 
Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 


 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog. 




[signature.gif]

33 comments:

Athena at Minervas Garden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Hi Cindy: I do wish you an easy packing and moving time--I understand how you are feeling. I'm glad you got to spend time with your daughter on her birthday--sounds like you had fun! Your home just looks so gorgeous, and you have so many pretty ornaments displayed. Thank you so much for hosting the party today, and I think your dogs are adorable!

Unknown said...

Good luck Cindy! Lovely home :) Thanks for hosting!

renee said...

Love your apartment Cindy! I know you will make your new home as wonderful as this one. Happy Holidays.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Cindy. Your home looks so pretty decorated for Christmas. I love the fresh greens even though they don't last as long as I'd like. Happy Birthday to your daughter. She is really beautiful, just like her mama. I'll be there bright and early to help you move and I'll take Beau and Coco Chanel..Happy Holidays and thanks for hosting..Judy

Unknown said...

Your Christmas decor is gorgeous Cindy. So are you and your girls! Thanks so much for hosting and I hope you move goes well.
Blessings,
Patti

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Cindy! Your home looks so beautifully romantic all dressed up for Christmas. So glad to be partying with you this week. Thanks so much!

Karen said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Cindy. Good luck apartment hunting and thanks for hosting.

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

Such a great day for your girl ! When I see the pictures of your flat, I can understand how it is difficult to you to imagine leaving...
Hope you'll make now beter dreams and that they'll come true.
I wish you a so nice christmas to you and all those you love.

xoxo from PARIS

………….. ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
………….. ⋯ ✰ ⋯
………….. ⋰ ⋮ ⋱
……… …….*•♥•*
…… ……. *♥♫♫♥*’.
… …….. *♥•♦♫••♥*
……… *♥☺♥☺♥☺♥*
………*♥•♥#♠*♥#♥•♥* ‘
……..*♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫♥♫* ‘
…….*♥♥☺♥♫♥♫♥☺♥♥*’
……*♥♥♣♫♥♣♥♥♣♥♫ ♣♥♥*’
….’*♥♥♣♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫ ♥♣♥♥*’
….*~~**~~**~***~~**~~*
….(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
_____███████████
♥:♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥:

GnomeLover said...

Beautiful decorations! And your daughter is beautiful, too.

Have a wonderful holiday week!

Jenni

sheri said...

Hi Cindy! I was waiting for you to tell us you were the big lottery winner in California!!!!!

Happy Birthday to your kids! Even though December is a busy month for you, I'm glad you had time to decorate. Your home looks exceptionally lovely. I think Christmas pictures are so pretty taken at night with the soft glow of the lights adding to the magic. And the pups are so precious! Such a cozy scene...I'm gonna miss this place, waaahhh!!!!

Merry Christmas!
~Sheri

Poppy said...

Lovely Christmas touches, Cindy!

Thanks for hosting!

Poppy

Heirloom treasures said...

Cindy your home is lovely and would be such a wrench to leave it,but I'm sure you will make your next one as beautiful. The tree is so pretty
and the photo is lovely of the 3 of you Merry Christmas

Katherines Corner said...

You have a lovey home ( I think I write that every time you share your home with us) What a wonderful day you had with your daughter. I miss those days with my daughter. She is 33 and has five children. Our days out always involve one or more of our grandchildren too, giggle. No mimosa's for us. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope your move will be a positive experience. Merry Christmas and thank you for hosting xo

Decor To Adore said...

Best of luck finding a new home!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Beau and CoCo are so cute

Merry Christmas

nancy@skinnykitchen said...

Thanks so much for the great parties Cindy. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting! Your images are gorgeous, as always!

This N That said...

Your home looks gorgeous..Love the tree..Pretty girl. your daughter..Hope she had a wonderful day...

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Thanks for the party and Merry Christmas!

Lady of the Woods said...

Thanks for this party Cindy and I LUV your home and what you do! You have the best tray displays! I wondered what you would do for a Christmas Tray and here it is, made me smile. I loved the post you you did on seasonal decor in your silver tray. I wish you the Merriest Holidays and peace in your heart with your move. blessings, lady

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your place looks fantastic! The staircase is so beautiful! Merry Christmas, Cindy!

Karen said...

Hi Cindy,
Your home looks simply perfect for Christmas! Your daughter is lovely too. I also took a pic of my daughter for this post since she also celebrates a December birthday. Thanks for hosting Show and Tell Friday!
Hope you have a marvelous Christmas!
Karen

Jen Beaudet said...

Your tree is beautiful Cindy! So are all of your decorations. Have fun with your daughter! My daughter just turned 21 too and I can't wait to get mimosas:) Good luck with your move! Thanks so much for hosting this party! Have a Merry Christmas!
Jennifer

Tanya Rachelle said...

Beautiful party this week! Merry Christmas and thank you for hosting such a fun party.
~Tanya

Scribbler said...

Pretty -- thanks for hosting the party!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Your tree is gorgeous!

One Shabby Old House said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your children. It's fun when they become such good friends isn't it? I can't wait to see what you will do with your new place. I am sure it will be fabulous. Enjoy your time off and have a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs
Becky

Victoria said...

Your apartment looks so beautiful, all decorated for Christmas! Happy birthday to your daughter. All my boys are in their 20's now, I can't believe it!

I hope you find the most wonderful apartment, with a W/D!!! I wish we all really could show up to help you move! Have a lovely Christmas:)

Kukkaiselämää said...

Your home looks very romantic and beautiful. Your dogs are so cute. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!

Merry Christmas from Finland,

Satu

Cathy harrell said...

All so beautiful!!! Puppies too:)

Anonymous said...

romantic dreamy-ness as always...Love it!

Devonshire1212 said...

Cindy...I very well understand that the move is on your mind. It's both stressful AND exciting. So sorry you are being up rooted and wish it wasn't so.
Meanwhile your home is gorgeous and I thank you so much for sharing your Christmas snaps with us.