Thursday, November 01, 2012

Autumn Roses (and Me as Marilyn Monroe) - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!



Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  

I think these are the last of my roses for this season! I have a few buds left on the bushes but it's cooling down now here (finally) that they may not bloom.

Last weekend I had 5 Halloween parties that I went to Friday and Saturday night! Yes FIVE!!! There were actually some more that we never made it to.  I sure had fun being Marilyn Monroe...


I've been dying to wear this dress since I bought on our trip to Los Angeles in July!


My friends had the idea to recreate the famous Marilyn photo with her dress blowing up. Since we didn't have a subway grate for me to stand over they brought out the hair dryer! haha...it didn't work so well but it sure made me laugh! We were all cracking up! There were 3 people standing in front of me and I was so worried the dress would blow up over my head! Luckily it didn't!  

This weekend the fun continues. It's a girls weekend away to Lake Tahoe!  Some of my coworkers commented today that I live such a fun life. I told them I couldn't do it without my friends!  Good girlfriends can be so much fun! 


If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden.  If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.

[signature.gif]


35 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

You look fabulous dahling! So glad that you are having fun!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Karen said...

You make a gorgeous Marilyn Cindy! I'm so happy that your living life to the fullest. Thanks for hosting and have fun this weekend.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Bet y'all had a good time! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks for hosting again this week.

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Your makeup, hair and dress were just perfect for Marilyn--you looked great! Beautiful garden roses as well. Thank you for hosting the party tonight, and have fun in Lake Tahoe!

The Charm of Home said...

Cindy,
You made a fabulous Marilyn Monroe! Great costume!! I am glad you had fun! Thank you for hosting!
Sherry

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

You were very convincing as Marilyn! Thanks for hosting. Hope you have a great week!
Blessings,
Nici

NanaDiana said...

You look gorgeous! I am so happy that you are having fun and enjoying your life- Blessings- xo Diana

Our Hopeful Home said...

You look fabulous! Aren't Halloween parties so much fun? Thanks for hosting!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Very very gorgeous Marilyn. It looks like you were having a blast... Thanks for hosting.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

You make a great Marilyn, Cindy! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

Lori said...

Couldn't wait to see your outfit. Love the air up the skirt try.

Cottage and Broome said...

Sounds like you had a great Halloween! Thanks for hosting, Laura

Sarah said...

You look fabulous! It's great to have fun, and it sounds like you know how to do just that. Enjoy your weekend getaway.......Sarah

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Thanks for hosting!

Divine Theatre said...

Wow! Va va VOOM!

Thanks for hosting.

xo

Andie

Unknown said...

Cindy--you look JUST BEAUTIFUL! Love it! :) Glad you had a great weekend!

Blessings,
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Lee Caroline - A World of Inspiration said...

Wow you look fabulous in that dress and certainly look like Marilyn, I bet you had a lot of comments.

Thank you for this weeks linky party.

Lee :)

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

Amzing how you look like HER ! You're really so cute ! And without any photoshop !!! Love the two pictures.
xoxo from FRANCE
Joëlle

Anonymous said...

How fun. The dress looks beautiful and so much like Marilyn's.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Donna Heber said...

Wow, you make an excellent Marilyn Monroe. Glad you had a good time at all 5 parties. Thank you for hosting.

Poppy said...

Hi Cindy,

You make a magnificent Marilyn! Thanks for hosting a great party!

Have a great weekend!

Poppy

Anne said...

Cindy you look great in your Marilyn dress! You look just like her!! Thank you for hosting have a great weekend!
xx
Anne

the cape on the corner said...

you look amazing! hair dryer, now that's funny!

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

You look amazing! Super fun costume, love the dress! Thanks for the party!

Shannon Fox said...

Oh my gosh. I laughed out loud at the "hair dryer" photo. All in good fun right? You rocked the MM look. Glad you had a great time!

The Busy Bee's said...

Thanks for hosting another great party.
Looks like you really enjoy Halloween. Great pics.
The Busy Bee's.

Susan said...

Cindy, I think you made a MARVELOUS Marilyn Monroe. Absolutely perfect! You look smashing! Susan

Mik's Jewelry Shop said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm so excited to see what November brings. A new follower, Mikaila at alittlebitofcraft.blogspot.com

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW! You make a perfect marilyn, you look wonderful!

What fun!

Thank you for hosting - and have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Cindy,

I sure do know who I want to party with next year! You look awesome :) Thank you for hosting

xoxo, Tanya

PJH Designs said...

Thanks so much for hosting. You make a lovely Marilyn. :-) Peggy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for hosting such a neat party!

Burlap Luxe said...

How fun are you!!
You look adorable with or without the subway grate, the hair dryer did the job perfectly.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next year :)

Xx
Dore

WendyBee said...

HaHa! Your Marilyn mock-up with the hairdryer is hilarious! I hope you had on some really bodacious bloomers to really complete the effect!

Unknown said...

You definitely look like Marilyn Monroe, Cindy. The hair looks gorgeous and don't forget about the mole, you hit it. The dress is fabulous.
cyclonic sheds