Thursday, March 15, 2012

Show and Tell Friday!

Pin It Now!


No, I haven't started decorating for Easter yet....I wait until after St. Patrick's Day at least!  I pulled this photo from the archives because I know Easter will be here soon and I can't wait to decorate!  I love decorating for Easter almost as much as I do for Christmas!

This has been a crazy week!  Last weekend my boyfriend and I went mountain bike riding...did I mention I bought a mountain bike? It was the first thing I bought when I found out I got a job and was no longer unemployed!   Anyway, we sort of cheated...we took our bikes up to the top of a really steep road in the back of his truck and rode down the back side of the mountain on the trail.  It was so much fun! Scary at times but fun!  When we got down we took my car back up the really steep road so he could go get his truck.  After I drove back down the really steep road, a warning light came on in my car! It said "TRANSMISSION FAULT"!  Ugh! Anyway...my car is in the shop now.  This week has been filled with finding a good deal on a rental car...not an easy task in Silicon Valley!  They told me the rental car prices are so high because there is a convention in town this week and there is a shortage of cars! Ugh! Now I'm waiting to hear what is wrong with my transmission.  I love my Jaguar but they are known for their transmission problems.  Worst case..it's going to cost me $2,500 for a total rebuild but the mechanic said it may not be that bad! Fingers crossed!!!!  At least this happened after I found a job! I think I wouldn't be able to stop crying if this happened when I was unemployed!  

So this is the pic of me with no make-up and bed-head hair, all happy...before my transmission went out...


I have to say...Mountain Biking is a BLAST!!!  I need to thank Dan for turning me on to this great sport!  The day after this photo was taken we actually got a better workout and road up a really steep mountain!  I did pretty good but I had to get off my bike a couple times to walk it. My goal is to make it up all the way riding..which will help in my second goal...have toned legs by summer!

If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden.  If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.

Thanks to all of you that join in every week! 

[signature.gif]


36 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Congrats on your new mountain bike. In Idaho, we live in mountain bike heaven and it's almost required to ride up and down the hills. Have fun and yes you will have very toned legs. Thanks for a great party!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Kathy said...

Hello Cindy,
Car trouble is no fun and comes at the most inconvenient times! I don't decorate much for Easter now that the kids have grown - I have been thinking of attempting a more grown-up Easter decor...Thanks so much for hosting - always a pleasure,
Kathy

Janae said...

Thank you so much for hosting this party! Just in case you were wondering I am always yelling at my computer to go faster as I am trying to link up as quick as I can to be towards the top! haha. =]

Sarah said...

Cindy, darling idea to put the rabbits under the cloches. I need to remember that. Do you mind if I pin your photo?
Good luck with the mountain bike adventures. You are amazing! Also hope the car doesn't cost you a fortune. Thanks for hosting each week. ~ Sarah

Karen said...

H Cindy , it sounds like the biking was a lot of fun, except for the transmission trouble . Car trouble is no fun at all. We've had a spate of it at my house too so I feel your pain. I'm looking forward to seeing your Easter decorating...its always so beautiful. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend.

d e l i g h t said...

Thank you for hosting Cindy! Your biking looks really fun and what great exercise!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

You'll get in such good shape you won't need that car --you can take your bike!
:) Thanks for hosting <3

Little bit said...

Thanks for hosting! Little Bit from DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

Ruby Jean said...

Thank you so much for hosting... I just linked up my New Sewing Room Reveal!! Have a Great week!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting Cindy!

XO, Aimee

NanaDiana said...

Cindy-Good for you for biking. I like the coming down the mountain part and taking the car back up best!

Hope they can fix your car without it being too expensive. I had a Jaguar in the 1970's and as much as I loved it I think it was in the shop more than I drove it..and I was so young and poor that I couldn't afford to keep fixing it. xo Diana

The Charm of Home said...

Love the new mountain bike.! Great idea for toning the legs. Glad you are enjoying yourself! Have a great weekend and thanks for hosting!
Sherry

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your new bike! Sorry about your Jag. I used to have one and you are right about the transmissions problems! But when it was working I really loved it! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

Curtains in My Tree said...

I just had a transmission put in my old car for $2300.I was sick but didn't have enough money saved to buy a newer car. I can't make payments because never know if I will be unemployed I am part time

thanks for letting us show off our stuff

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting, Cindy. You look adorable on your bike!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

Elsie said...

Cindy I am so sorry about your car. Dang it! You have had enough
bad luck. Love your bike. Funny story about your biking trip. You
still look really good even with no makeup. I love your faux chocolate bunnies. I have a small one like that.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks for hosting, you look wonderful!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

You go girl! Looks like fun. Good luck with the car.

Shannon Fox said...

Love the peek at last years bunnies. So cute! Sorry about your Jag. Hope it's not too painful when the bill comes. Fingers crossed for you!!

Scribbler said...

You are an inspiration! I could no more ride a mountain bike than I could fly. Sorry about your car.

Hope your new job is going well.

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Hi Cindy! Bike riding looks like so much fun! It's been a long time since I've been on any kind of bike.lol Thanks so much for hosting such a great party.

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I've been on the fence about buying a bike, but you've convinced me! Hope you have a great weekend--and happy St. Pat's day.

Unknown said...

That's great that you got a new bike! Thanks for the opportunity to link up! Have a great weekend~

Sarah

Heirloom treasures said...

Good for you, great exercise for the legs, I should get into it again. Bit lazy at the moment. Hope the car doesn't cost that much. My hubby would love a jag,but I say noway,too expensive to keep on the road.

Love the idea of unwrapped chocolate bunnies for decoration. They look really nice. Haven't started mine yet either.
:) jeanetteann

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild said...

Thank you so much for the party! And enjoy your bike! (+ COME SEE our bike fashion on our blog: http://www.finecraftguild.com/crochet-bike-handles/ ) You'll have the most creative bike ever!

Rebekah Greiman said...

Good Friday morning to you! I have a recipe for DIY Organic Eye Makeup Remover. It only takes two ingredients-super simple and cheap. I love it, as do my little sensitive eyes! Thanks for hosting the party once again. Have a great weekend!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Cottage and Broome said...

Sound like you are having fun with your mountain bike! Hope your car repairs is not too bad. Thanks for hosting again this week, Laura

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I see you have a new Mountain Bike congrats, and thanks so much for hosting your linky party for all of us. I hope you have a wonderful St.Patrick's Day with your family.
XXOO Diane

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lots of fun times ahead mountain biking. Thanks for hosting.

Unknown said...

Just when I think I'm not a 'sparkly' chandelier person I see your sparkly crystals on your into photo and I'm in love and want some sparkle. Thanks for hosting!

Michelle
New England Style

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

So sorry to hear about your car, Cindy. Hopefully, it won't be that expensive to repair.

Thanks for hosting!

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Tracy ~ If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Baked A Cake said...

Oh wow your dining room looks amazing already! I wish I had the space to do the same looking forward to your Easter post.

Crafty Mischief said...

Hi Cindy! It looks so lush and green in the pic you're biking in! We still have rain and snow. Boo! Thank you for hosting! Have a great weekend! :)

Shahrukh said...

This blog is content amazing information about Easter decoration which is very useful for me. It very important information about Easter festival.
Thank you very much for this great information.
Easter Home Decoration

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm sorry about your car problems - I hope it's a quick (and cheap!) fix.

Congratulations on getting a mountain bike - I have a nice bike, but it's not a mountain bike - I need to get out and get some exercise...

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels