Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Pin It Now!


I hope you all are having a wonderful summer (or winter depending on where you live)!  The mosaic above is just a random one I made on Big Huge Labs - Mosaic Maker.  That's my 18 year old daughter, Lauren, when she was a toddler in the middle photo. My mom and I dressed her up in vintage clothes and did a photo shoot...ahhh..memories!

A couple weeks ago I spent the weekend in Lake Tahoe with my guy.  It's amazing how a couple days away can make you feel like a new person. I've been having some issues with my back and the pain went away when I was in Tahoe and then I came back to Silicon Valley and the pain returned. I know it must be stress...not that I feel like I'm stressed out...it's just the day-to-day rushing around I guess.  

I'm looking forward to returning to Tahoe this winter to ski.  I haven't been skiing since my kids were born...hopefully I'll be able to pick up again after not doing it for 25+ years! I'm really looking forward to it! 

 

Here are some photos of Lake Tahoe. As you can see, there is still snow on the mountain tops! The weather was perfect, in the low 80s!  It really is a such a beautiful place! I can't wait to go back!


The beauty of where I live in Northern California is that I can be at the beach (Santa Cruz) in 30 minutes, in the city (San Francisco) in an hour, in the wine country (Napa) in about 2 hours, or up in the mountains (The Sierras) skiing in about 4 hours! Oh, and I can't forget Carmel and Monterey... about 1.5 hours away! So much to do and see around here! Thank you so much Dad for moving here right before I was born!



[signature.gif]

15 comments:

Chlvie said...

We lived in Tahoe when I was younger. At one time we lived in a house just over the Nevada line in which you could look up one way and Heavenly Valley ski resort and the lake in the other direction. Very beautiful! Before we moved back to Fla. we lived in a house right in the valley of the summit.

Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures, it's been along time!!

Miss Char said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy, my daughter lived in Tahoe for five or six years working at Squaw. I loved visiting both summer and winter. She also lived in Sunnyvale and San Francisco while working for Track N' Trail.

Hopefully more trips to the mountains will ease the stress of the everyday stress.

BonjourRomance said...

Great images Cindy. Your daughter looks adorable. I'm sure you'll pick up skiing again in no time, sort of like riding a bike...sort of..
Have fun!
Mimi

Bunny Jean said...

I loved seeing all those beautiful pictures. Brought back some memories. I sure do miss living up north...away from this desert HEAT!

Do you remember that I was the one that posted the Mary Engelbreit picture, from when I lived in Rancho Murieta.

Someone you know also knew the lady, at the gift shop/pharmacy, that embellished the matting with hand painted ME style flowers? Small world.

Pretty sure it was you...

xoxo Bunny Jean

The Single Nester said...

Lake Tahoe is definitely a place I would love to visit. What is the closest airport?

Cindy said...

Carmie, I think there is an airport in Tahoe but it's small. Probably the closest big airport would be in Sacramento, Californi but I don't know for sure since I always drive there.

beachcomber said...

we travelled to lake tahoe, the rockies, northern california before our kids were born. such a beautiful area!! good luck with the skiing!
x

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful place to visit. you are certainly fortunate to be able to do all those things so close to home. Have a wonderful week. Pamela

Judi said...

Yes it sounds like you are in a great location for a variety of different sports and activities.

Lake Tahoe is SO beautiful isn't it...I can't imagine there is so much snow. When we went 2 years ago right at this time we did see some but not as much as there is this year.

Loved Napa Valley and San Francisco too.

That will be fun to start skiing again...and I know how wonderful I feel when I get away too just as I am right now. I feel so relaxed and its not until I get back home that things quicken again and I find myself wanting to resist all the stuff going on...and I find myself tightening up yet I don't feel stressed either...

have a good week.
Judi

Unknown said...

OH, it looks so beautiful there!
The collage of photos is so great!

Elsie said...

Cindy glad to see you are enjoying life. Your pictures are beautiful as usual. That is beautiful country. Smart Dad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy, What a wonderful weekend. Beautiful pictures, Lauren is so darling. xxooxx, Joyce

Persian_princess said...

Yes, we are very fortunate having access to all this beauty in NorCal. It's one of the main reasons I moved here, so much to see and do, there's never a dull moment! Glad you are enjoying your summer. Maybe I'll see you around one of these days :-)

Marlis said...

northern California is one of my favorite spots on this earth! Love Tahoe too. Hope the back gets back into shape.. xo marlis

Vicki said...

I had a big wedding planned but my dad fell critically ill and it would be months before he could walk me down the aisle, if ever. We talked a lot about it; our house had already been bought and, for other reasons, delay wasn't much of an option. When you have a family crisis, things have a way of pulling into perspective like a zoom button on a computer image. You readjust your priorities PDQ. For us, the "big deal" wedding became less important. So, we cancelled the cakes and all the rest, made our way from SoCal north to Tahoe with the blessings of our parents, recited our vows on a cliff overlooking Emerald Bay at sunset with the minister and trees as our witnesses and, although I haven't returned there in over 20 years, Lake Tahoe lives in my heart as one of the special places here on earth. Thanks for sharing the photos and sparking the memories.