Thursday, March 11, 2010

Your questions answered, part three

Pin It Now!


This is part three of answering questions that were left on my March 1st post. You cans scroll through my posts from last week to see my other answers.

Q: How is the etsy shop going? Are you making enough money to make a difference. That does intrigue me. I am always looking to make extra $$$$$

A: It's going great! I'm making a little extra money but I'm doing it more because I love shopping at flea markets and finding treasures. I'm sure if I calculated the time I spend on this, the gasoline going to and from the flea markets, and post office I'm not really making that much extra money. I'm doing it because I love it. It's time consuming though...taking the photos, listing the items, packaging the items (my least favorite part) and spending my lunch hour standing in line at the post office. I'll continue to sell on etsy though as long as it's fun for me!

Q: I recently read Tara Frey's "Blogging for Bliss", and she suggests one should post every day. Do you feel you need to do that? Because I get exhausted trying to keep up with all the blogs I follow in the little time I have!

A: I think someone should blog every day as long as it's enjoyable for them! I do think it's one of the best ways to build up a following so I recommend it if that's what you are after. I started posting 5 days a week a few years ago and now I find it hard to not do it. I feel like I'm letting people down if they come here and it's not updated. I know I feel a little disappointed when I visit a favorite blog and there isn't anything new. Everyone should do what's best for them and it should be fun not a chore!

Q: What Ever Happened To The Dress??? I didn't see it in your Etsy shop!!!

A: I kept the dress for a little bit and then I decided to sell it. It sold fairly quickly and I'll be shipping it off to it's new owner tomorrow!

Q: As a woman, doesn't it ever concern you to put your life out there in the public eye? Did your love of things have anything to do with your other marriages not working?Would you ever give up all your treasures for a man???

A: No, it doesn't really bother me to be in the public eye. The benefits far outweigh the risks. I've made so many wonderful friends by starting my blog. My failed marriages have nothing to do with my love of beautiful things. I've always been a visual person and I've grown up with a mother and a grandmother that collected linen and lace and dishes...and I'm very thankful for that. No, I would never give up all my treasures for a man. NEVER EVER! I may downsize for the right man but I would never get rid of things that are sentimental to me. I could never be with a man that expected me to get rid of my things and keep his! That's just wrong!

I'm out of time so I'll answer more questions next week. I hope this isn't too boring for everyone!

The cottage in the photo above was taken on my vacation to Martha's Vineyard in 2006.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Племяннице моего мужа исполняется 3 года, размышляем, что презентовать порекомендуйте, что любопытно в таком возрасте детям. У нее обожаемая игрушка - мышонок Тич, думаем, может презентовать медведя Куби http://mishkiland.ru/coobi.php?id=5 . Или посоветуйте что-либо аналогичное.

Marilyn Holeman said...

Hi Cindy, I love to drop by your blog from time to time--lovely eye candy! But my comment has to do with your "spending your lunch hour standing in line at the post office." You should talk to your local post office (or go online and look at their website) because in some areas they will come to YOU and pick up your packages. There is also "click and ship" postage you can do online. Hope you find this helpful. Thanks for your beautiful blog.

Julie Harward said...

Very interesting indeed...that last question was a bit bold but you handled it well. I love blogging and am so glad to have connected with you. My question...how do you keep up with the answering people back and keeping up with ALL of everyone's posts? It's a lot of work!!! Come say hi :D

My Cottage Charm said...

I'm so glad you told where the cottage in the photo was taken, I was wondering. :)
I LOVE all your beautiful things and I'm in total agreement with you, you should never give up the things you love for anyone. They should understand that your stuff comes as part of the package! :-) My husband is totally wonderful with how I decorate...he sleeps in a pastel pink, white and sky blue bedroom for pity sakes! :) I Love my guy! (even more since he bought me the three tiered server!! ROFLOL)He tells other men that he's very strong in his masculinity, that's why he can sleep in a pink room! :)hee hee hee
I made a lovely menu board for my kitchen if you get a chance to take a look. :)
I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day and may God truly bless you! :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the smiles today I needed tham and my blogging friends have gifted me with gorgeous words and photos! I love these....Jennifer stop and visit sometime :) blessings

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi Cindy,
I love your mosaic. Just beautiful. Great questions and your answers are so true. I love the thrill of the hunt. Taking photos is my creative outlet. My photo creative juices run better in the morning. It is all about the light, but the blogging juices run better at night. Thanks again for being here five days a week.

Barb said...

Cindy, I LOVE what you said about not giving up your things for a man. The right man will never ask this of you, in the first place. Good for you!

Barb

vignette design said...

You answered a lot of questions that I had. Like frequency of blogging. I have only been blogging for a few months, and feel like I need to post every other day or I will lose followers. As far as Etsy goes, it is kind of like having a space in a collective which I did for years. I loved it, but never made lots of money. It gave me a reason to shop at flea markets! My husband loves to do that too and thank goodness is ok with how I decorate! Your blog is an inspiration to me! -Delores

Lululiz said...

The mosaic is beautiful, I can spend ages studying all the different photos.

Dorothy said...

Cindy,
Love your mosaic! It is the most stunningly beautiful one that I have seen anywhere at anytime. Gorgeous!!

Enjoying the Q&As.

Elsie said...

Cindy~ I'm glad you answered some
more questions,but the last one
was very bold and too personal.
You have a way with words and
answered it very well. Good for
you. I thought I'd missed the
answers. I love your mosaic,very
pretty.:O)

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi Cindy,
I noticed you mentioned standing in line at the post office to mail your etsy things. I print out a shipping label and make a reservation for a postal pick up from my home on my paypal account. Easiest thing in the world and I don't have to bother with lines anymore!
As for the last question, a guy who would ask you to change or get rid of the things you love isn't in love with the real you. Nuf said.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Beautiful photos! And such candid answers, especially that last one! I wouldn't have answered that so diplomatically as you did!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Cindy, I love that you are answering questions about your blog, it's helpful to new bloggers (like me).
I totaly agree about the daily posting. I have been reading your blog since I first discovered you Romantic Homes Mag a couple years ago, and I always love to check in on your daily post, It's a great way to start the day :-) Thanks! Bella

Corrie said...

Hi Cindy, love, love, love your blog. I wish I had your talent. I'm always honored to read and learn from what you bloggers share. I really appreciate. Its like going to an eye candy store. One never can get enough - ha ha. My question is: I've read on several different blogs that at one time you shared how to "glitz" or bead a store bought starfist. Could you please share again for us "new to blogging"? Really would appreciate it. Thank you again, Corrie

anything shabby chic said...

Hi Cindy,

I love the way you changed your blog. But your blog was beautiful before too. I enjoy stopping by because you do update your blog often. I'm finding it hard as to what to blog about sometimes. I am very impressed at how you keep it looking beautiful and fresh all the time!!

Rebecca

Corrie said...

Hi Cindy, Love, love, love your blog. I'm always amazed at how talentd you girls are and how sweet you are to share your secrets and exactly what you have done and how. my question, is would you please share with us how you "glitzed" or beaded starfish. I have seen them in other blogs and they gave you credit but never shared how they did it. I would love to come and have tea with you on your gorgeous patio as I'm sure everyone would. You are really artistic and talented and I thank you and all bloggers for sharing. Thank you again. Corrie

Linda's Blue Gate said...

I am keeping an watch for those etched glass..... love love love them.
I am so glad your Esty shopping..... that is worth a lot ... to love what you do shopping...
Hugs
Linda

Unknown said...

Great answers...:)
Frenchy

Karen Deborah said...

this is fun!

*Ulrike* said...

Cindy, that was a very interesting post. You offer so many pretty things, and shown us a little bit of your life through those questions.

Jade Creative said...

Your blog continues to intrigue me. You intrigue me, and I am glad that you are answering questions that were on my mind but never asked.
Thank you,
darlene

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

The cottage in your mosaic had me bouncing up and down in my desk chair like a kid. I'm sure the owners must be ecstatic that their unconventional paint choices were worth the risk.

And wouldn't you love to know what
Anon.'s comment said?

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Cindy,
I visited your blog a very long time ago and just now found your again! Yeah! This was a great post, with wonderful questions and answers. I'm off to read the previous posts, now.
Patricia :o)

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Cindy,
I visited your blog a very long time ago and just now found your again! Yeah! This was a great post, with wonderful questions and answers. I'm off to read the previous posts, now.
Patricia :o)

Susan said...

Stunning mosaic, Cindy. Just awesome. Love reading your answers. However, could you please translate what
Anonymous said? ha! Is that Greek? By the way, I followed the directions to a "t" that you gave for enlarging photos and I DID it! Thank you, thank you, thank you SO MUCH! Sincerely, Susan

Anonymous said...

Great questions and answers! Have you heard of FORMSPRING? You might like using that on your blog, or you might like the format you are using. Either way, I just discovered FormSpring and found this bloggers take on it HILARIOUS, but true. "For the people answering the questions, it fulfills so many awesomely narcissistic desires: you're on a stage, you're interested in by people asking the questions, or if asked about any number of various topics, the desire to feel like some kind of authority on something. At the very least, someone wants to hear something from you, and you get to sit there and think of an answer. And if there's anything better than being desired, its having someone take some kind of interest in you."

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Not boring at all! I agree, you should post on your blog as much as you want to. I WANT to do it every day, but have had to scale down a bit. A few times a week is probably the minimum, though. xoxo

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dear Cindy,

I love that blue pin cushion with the beautiful ribbon embroidery! What a piece of art... Where did it come from?
Compliments in general for your beautiful blog!

Admirer,

MariettesBacktoBasics