Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Lemon Themed Home

Pin It Now!

Maybe I should rename my blog to The Lemon Cottage. I noticed the other day that I seem to have a lemon theme going on in my home. I bought the ceramic topiary above at the flea market about 5 years ago. I had a cat back then and he jumped up on the table shortly after I bought it and knocked it over and broke it. I have to make sure that the broken side is against the wall now. I couldn't bear to throw it away. It looks small in this photo but it's almost 2 feet tall! This is the tiered dish that my mom bought at Disneyland when I was little. I've always loved it so she gave it to me a couple years ago. In the summer I like to keep these fake but real looking lemons and limes in there.




This is my kitchen chalkboard that my dad made...you've seen this before. I keep the lemon garland up there to add some color to my dreary kitchen. I thought the board was erased better...You want to know what it says? "3 days until Lauren isn't grounded" She wrote that last week. I'm happy to say that she is no longer grounded!
And, of course there is the lemon drop jar that you've already seen.

19 comments:

Lisa said...

So pretty! I have a thing for pears...LOL I dont know how it happened but Most of my kitchen items have pears on them! I guess I gravitate towards pears without thinking :) . Tell Lauren congratulations! :)

Terri Steffes said...

I love lemons, too. I have seen that lemon ceramic topiary before somewhere. I love lemon drops, too. Its a neat idea to have a jar for them. My friend is an interior designer and she tells me every room should have a touch of yellow in it.

Betty Jo said...

I love decorating with lemons. Your lemon decor and photos are awesome. xoxo

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Cindy, Decorating with lemons is so refreshing and looks wonderful with all the blue you have in your home.
The chalk board was adorable... I have one just like it for my boys.. as they say, The real world! smiles
Love to you, Jo-Anne

Anonymous said...

I think that would really be a lovely name! It all looks great - I especially love that 3 tiered stand with the lemons!

Manuela

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

I love all your lemons. I've been wanting to paint a lemon tree on my kitchen wall. LOL I'm afraid to try it.

Linnee said...

Your lemons look lovely! (Why does that strike me as funny? lol) I have a hand-painted sign with a picture of a lemon on it that I'm sure would fit right in with your decor. I love your blue and white plates, by the way. Your entire blog is quite delightful. Love the roses from a previous post!

Lindy :)

Cathy said...

My sweet friend Cindy, you've been tagged. Check out my blog.

Have a wonderful day my friend.

Rosemary said...

I think lemons are so pretty. I always keep some in my kitchen.
They are so bright and sunny, even on a cloudy day.
Rosemary

tea time and roses said...

Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment to my blog... You have a beautiful place here and a lovely home. I absolutely love your lemon theme...so pretty... I plan to stay here a while and catch up on I have missed....

Beverly

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with the white, and the lemons. Very pretty! What a great idea. That special topiary, and the lemons over the chalkboard, and lemon drop jar are all darlin'. LOL, and glad to know that Lauren will soon be erasing that chalkboard! Have a great week-end. :-)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the lemons! They look so clean and refreshing in a home. You have a lovely blog.
Penny

Anonymous said...

I love all your lemons! And Cindy...I love your new blog look! The banner is spectacular!

Dena said...

Hi Cindy,

I think your chalkboard is adorable and now I simply must find one this weekend :) The lemons are soooo pretty!!!

Unknown said...

Just lovely! I, too, being from California just a adore lemons!

Mrs. Jones said...

I love decorating with lemons. Instead of a flower arrangement, a bowl of lemons will do just fine for me. *Love* the new look of your blog, too.

Jen Kershner said...

Well, I love lemons too and yours all look wonderful.

Judy said...

Hi Cindy, I love love love your lemons. I always have fresh lemons laying on my kitchen counter and love the look and the smell. I have an empty vintage bowl on a bookcase and couldn't decide what to put in it...I may just do the lemon thing.

Emmy Coffee said...

Love it! Thanks for the inspiration!