Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm playing reruns

Pin It Now!

A blogger friend "It's a Mom Thing" asked if I would share my recipe that I used to make my Valentine Day cookies. Since my camera is broken this is a great opportunity to do a new post with an old photo. These cookies were really tasty! The recipe I used can be found here. For the icing I used the first recipe on this page. They show how to decorate cookies with royal icing also on their website here. Be sure to check out the cookie cutters they have for sale. They have some great ones...like this cute cookie cutter dress.

I'm tempted to buy this slinky dress below. Just think of all the cute ways you could decorate these!
I've never bought anything from them so I can't say how good are but they have a great website. Click here to get to their Home page

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

Summer reruns are always good!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done. You must have the patience of a saint to decorate all those cookies with so much detail.

I recall you've mentioned readers have asked about your furniture painting techniques and if you've done a post on that subject before, I sure missed it. Would this be a good time to recycle some other photos and talk about painting? I'm in the process of painting some big pieces of furniture in my house to achieve the cottage look and I could certainly use all the tips I can get!! Thanks!

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

Thanks for the link to the cookie site. Like Shari said, I would also
like to hear about your painting techniques. Have a great weekend.

a pink-bee said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe, will try them :) Such pretty cookies in the photo.:)
crystal

Dena said...

Cindy you are amazingly resourceful - without your camera and still you are finding ways to delight us. Looking at all the lovely things you have done in your home and all the ways you have spun straw to gold around you just makes me take my hat off in great admiration. You are clearly one who finds a way and still makes it a lovely experience. Cheers to you!

xo Dena

Gayla said...

Loved those cookies and love the idea of reruns. Oh, that slinky dress cookie cutter!!! Kind of ironic... those who indulge won't have a dress that looks like that.... so cute.

Terri Steffes said...

My daughter is a fashion major and she would love those cookie cutters. Wouldn't those be fun in her stocking?

Susie Q said...

Nothing with reruns of a great show, er, post!

Your cookies were, and are, too pretty to eat! But I would give it a try! I know they tasted wonderful.

Hugs,
Sue

Unknown said...

TOO CUTE!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Cindy, thank you so much! I'm thinking of baking cookies and bread for Christmas gifts this year, but need to try some recipes first. These cookies look sooo pretty! I love the dress with the apron.