Monday, June 11, 2007

Thanks Tracey!

Pin It Now!

Awhile back, Tracey from "Notes from a Cottage Industry" did a post on her blog about this wonderful book, The Art and Craft of Entertaining by Kimberly Kennedy. You won't believe this....the author sent her an email and sent her an autographed book! Isn't that amazing. You really never know who is reading your blog! Since Tracey now has an autographed copy she was so sweet and sent her original copy to me. Thank you Tracey! This book is amazing. Kimberly Kennedy is like a really cool, hip Martha Stewart. Here is a link to her website http://kimberlykennedy.com/ I can't wait to read the whole book!

Tracey's blog is one of my favorites! Her ideas are so inspirational. Last Friday she did a "Inspiration Friday" post and there were pictures of jars hanging with candles in them. I just knew I had to make some. I used a small jelly jar and attached a chandelier crystal to the bottom. (I found a bag of 12 chandelier crystals at a thrift store last week for $2.) I filled it with Kosher salt (per MimiG's comment) and just used a tea light candle inside. It looks so adorable. I want to make more but I think I need to use a larger gage wire. I hung mine from my patio umbrella in my backyard. Last night when I was watching TV I glanced outside and and I couldn't believe how beautiful that one candle jar looked. I am going to make more and hang them from my tree.



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thank YOU for reading my Blog Cindy! I know you're gonna love the book as much as I do.
I now am inspired by your candle jar! I must make some...and the chandelier crystal is just the most perfect finishing touch!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

I just bought this book last week, so I'm really excited about it too! The candle jar is adorable.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Congrats on the new book, Cindy! That's a great gift. Love your little candle jar too. Looks like it will be wonderful in your garden.

Rhoda

Judy said...

Thank you for another great idea and the book recommendation. I think I need that book. I've acquired so many more books and magazines reading your blog. I don't know if that's good or bad. Now I just wish I could thrift like you do. I did really well at a couple of estate sales last weekend though. Maybe my luck is changing. I hope you have the two most recent mags out by Better Homes and Gardens. Great ideas on tag sales, flea markets etc. Just your kind of thing.

Rosemary said...

Wow,
That is very nice!
I love your candle. It looks so pretty, like fairy lights.
Have a great day!
Rosemary

Trudi said...

Very pretty. Tracey blog is one of my faves. along with your's.
Hugs.

a pink-bee said...

What a lovely candle in a jar :) And great book too. :)
Posted a button project today on my blog, know you like those :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The crystal on the hanging jars is the magic touch!

Thanks for coming by to visit.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I have visited you before and found you again! Your pictures of your townhome are lovely. You have made it so inviting.
Ele

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

Love the candle jars with the crystal, just beautiful!

Carol

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Isn't it something - that something as small as a candle can have such a big presence. I'm going to have to check out that book.

I love your page Cindy and will visit often!

LaurieAnna

Lizzie said...

This is very sweet- I wonder if I could use this project with my kazillion baby food jars?!?!?!

The chandelier crystal was a perfect touch- made it so *you*! Thank you for sharing your weekend craft project. :-)

Oh, and thank you for your compliments on the twinkies.

Gypsy Purple said...

How creative...this looks stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Cindy - love the light! And the crystal is perfect. Did you make the tea cup/saucer birdseed holder in your garden? I think I'm going to try that - I have about 20 sets, so I may make more than one! If so, will you share instructions? Thanks!
Note to Lizzie - baby food jars make great candleholders, especially the junior food size.
MimiG

Deb said...

Great post! I was so excited to see that Kimberly Kennedy had published her first book when I read it on Cindy's blog - We loved the show "Wickedly Perfect" and hoped Kimberly would win all along. I couldn't find the book in any of the bookstores here, but I have the first "hold" at our library for it ... can't wait to start reading :-}

Anita said...

I'm going to have to find that book now! The candle jars are such a neat idea. The one you made is so cute! A bunch of them in your backyard will be like your very own fireflies flitting around back there!

Jen Kershner said...

I love the candle idea and have seen it before but since I have a real lack of trees in my backyard I've never used it. It never occured to me to hang them from my umbrella. Brilliant!

Unknown said...

How neat is that and so sweet of Tracey, enjoy the book! And thanks for sharing the links, off to check them out!

Lallee said...

Toast for breakfast everyday until I've emptied several jelly jars ;-) It's a beautiful look.