Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm addicted to TV!

Pin It Now!





I feel like I'm watching way too much TV these days. I've always loved HGTV. I can even remember the first time I saw it. We were on vacation in Lake Tahoe and my husband (now the ex) was in a golf tournament (this was our typical vacation, it always involved him golfing and me trying to keep the kids occupied.) I was with the kids in the hotel room flipping through the channels. I stopped on HGTV and I couldn't believe my eyes...A WHOLE STATION dedicated to decorating shows. I spent most of that vacation in the hotel room watching TV! When we got back home I looked to see if we had it and I just didn't know about it. Nope, and it wasn't until about a year later that our cable company added it. I think that must have been in the mid 90s. Since then I've had many favorites but now my favorite is "If Walls Could Talk" I've lived in many old houses and I've never found anything from the previous owners. Those people are so lucky!

I'm also a big American Idol fan. Did you watch it last night? I felt so sorry for that little girl in the audience. She reminded me of myself, I cry at everything! We have an American Idol contest going at my office. For $5 you can draw a name, if that person wins, you win the pot, which will be $60. I put in $10 for two names and I got REALLY lucky and picked my favorite male and female. I pulled out of the hat... drumroll...Melinda Doolittle and Blake Lewis. I really think Melinda will win but then again I said that about Katherine McPhee last season and she came in second.

I also love Dancing with the Stars! Since there has been only one episode it's hard to pick a favorite but I would have to say Joey Fatone or Apolo Anton Ohno. They were both great.

So tonight will be another night sitting in front of the TV watching American Idol and hoping that no one good gets kicked off. Have you seen what the American Idol haters are doing? If not, click here. I was wondering why Sanjaya was still in the competition. I also heard Howard Stern is telling his listeners to vote for Sanjaya. I feel sorry for that kid, he's only 17 and I wouldn't want anyone doing that to my kid!




7 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I'm watching Idol too...love Melinda & Lakisha & think either of them could win it! I was wondering about Sanjaya & heard a bit on TV about a plot to keep him on...I don't think he'll last too much longer though(he is a sweet kid.). Caught a little of Dancing this week & it looks to be a fun show this season.

Rhoda

Deb said...

I love HGTV too. Sometimes I think I would be content with that being the only station I could receive! We've been watching Idol as well and we're voting for Melinda. What an amazing voice.

a pink-bee said...

same here, plus we are watching Survior-had to tape some durning the weeks Idol was 3 times a week :)I'm voting for Melinda :)

Susie Q said...

I had that reaction upon finding HGTV too! A WHOLE network designated to decorating!!! I had dies and gone to heaven!
What fun...
Have a great day Cindy!
Hugs,
Sue

linda t said...

Vote for Jordin!!!
She's from the Phoenix area, YAH!... and she's sooo good and sooo cute and sooo young!
Love "Divine Design" on HGTV... but it hasn't been on in a while... wonder what happened...

Meg said...

I have my certain shows, too. It's such a treat when the kids go to bed at night...I can sit and watch...or blog. That's eating up a lot of my free time, too! Love HGTV!

Lallee said...

HGTV--I watched it nonstop when my husband had to travel out of town a lot and I was a new empty nester. It was my new best friend. I'm a big AI fan, too. I'm liking Melinda, Lakisha,curly haired Chris, and Blake won me over this week.