Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Our Christmas Tree

Pin It Now!

After seeing some beautiful flocked trees in the magazines this year I thought I would give it a try. I just wanted a light dusting of "snow" not completely white. I used 2 cans of flocking spray and it looked good until I brought it through the front door. The tree is so fat I could hardly get it through the doorway and when it finally passed through most of the flocking was on the floor. You can only tell that it is flocked when you are standing close to it. I think the professional flocking that you get done at the Christmas tree lots stays on a lot better than the do-it-yourself kind.

5 comments:

Lena said...

Hi Cindy,
Thank you for the kind comment that you've left in Merryville!
Your blog is really lovely. I'm glad you left a link so that I could visit.
Wow, your tree and stairway look so pretty decorated for the holidays.
I've enjoyed seeing your photos of Martha's Vineyard. I've always wanted to visit there and Nantucket as well. I love New England too.

Deb said...

Beautiful, welcoming stairway and entrance.
I loved your Martha's Vinyard photos. Was that Susan Branch's home? So gorgeous!!
I hope to visit New England one day.

Cindy said...

Hi Deb & Mrs. Staggs,
No it wasn't Susan Branch's home. I really wanted to see hers but I couldn't find it. The house in my picture was in Edgartown and her place is in Vineyard Haven. They are both really cute towns in Martha's Vineyard. I really wanted to go to Nantucket also but the ferry from Martha's Vineyard only makes 1 trip a day so I would have had to stay over night in Nantucket. Since I was doing this trip on a tight budget (haha) I wasn't able to do that. Someday I will get to Nantucket!

bethy said...

i want to do that to my tree! it seems like the thing to do this year, everyone is talking about it. mine is already decorated and lit, can i still spray it? i feel like i am missing out! :)

Cindy said...

Homedaisy, I wouldn't spray it after it's already decorated. It would make a mess of your ornaments and lights.