Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm riding the Tour de Cure!

Pin It Now!


I have some exciting news!   I'm riding in the Tour de Cure this year!  

It's a bike ride to raise money for the American Diabetes Association.  I bet each and every one of you know someone with diabetes! 

I've never mentioned on my blog where I work before but I figure now is a good time to do that. I work for LifeScan which is a Johnson and Johnson Company.  We manufacture the OneTouch blood glucose monitors.  I've been here over 9 years and in that time I have learned so much about diabetes!  It's a little scary how many people are getting this horrible disease! 

The American Diabetes Association is raising money to find a cure!  I want to help which is why I've decided to ride this year but I need your help too...if you can donate I would love it! I need to raise at least $200!   $5 is the minimum that you can donate and that's all I'm asking...if you can do more that's great but I'm happy with $5!!!  I have my own page set up where you can donate...just click here

I'll keep you updated on my status. The ride is on June 12th but the donations need to be in by May 31st!

Thank you so much!

[signature.gif]

7 comments:

Victoria said...

That is awesome Cindy! How exciting and for a good cause too! I know what you mean about diabetes, I worked in a hospital for 4 years and so many things people come in with are diabetes related...scary!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Cindy, That is great!! I love the name of the tour!
What an awesome cause!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Debbiedoos said...

That is awesome Cindy. I did not know you worked there. My older boys BF has juvenile Diabetes. Needless to say we have learned a lot, and it is a terrible disease. We are big supporters. Have fun!

The Attic Girls said...

Great cause..we used to do the walk every year for JDRF since our daughter was diagnosed at age 8 with Type 1. She's now 21 and really doesn't remember what it was like to be "normal" Lifescan gas been part of our life for 14 years..wow, it doesn't seem like it's been that long.
-Nancy

My Cozy Casita said...

I did not know you worked there for J&J That very nice of you, Cindy. I work for Cordis Johnson & Johnson Company for 23 year and my HB for 29 year in Miami Lake Florida. I remenber those time whent we do that. I got my severanace pay last year whent they move part of the Company to Ciudad Juarez Mexico we move to Southern California last year and now I'm moving back to Miami May 27 next friday to my home.
Blessing
Have fun!!!!.
Isora

Unknown said...

This should be flaunted on the lovely neighborhoods of Colorado in their automated home finder .

romantic gift said...

That is so wonderful, Cindy. My dad has diabetes. I know how scary it is to live with this illness. My wifes mother had very bad diabetes before she passed away. Thank you,