Thursday, July 09, 2015

Solar-powered light up mason jar lids - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!



Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  Sorry for missing last week, time just seemed to get a way from me.  

Two weeks ago I went to my nephew's wedding at a Avio Vineyards, in Sutter Creek which is in the Gold Country in California (about 2 1/2 hours away from me). It was a beautiful wedding and I loved that my two nieces and my daughter and I got to spend some extra time together since we stayed in the same hotel for the weekend.  We spent some of that time shopping in the little shops in Sutter Creek and at "The Antique Gardener" I spotted some "Moon Shiners" which are solar powered lids that you can put on mason jars to light them up at night.  I didn't buy any but my niece did and when we left she gifted me with one! She is so sweet!  

I have to say it is pretty amazing! For now I just put some shells in a vintage aqua jar but I think during the holiday season it would be beautiful with some faux snow and a little Christmas tree...really the possibilities are endless!  I may just buy some more of them soon. I don't have a light on my apartment balcony so I'm always looking for ways to light up the table out there without using candles since one night I left a jar candle burning all night!  Luckily it was in a big jar so it was fairly safe.  This is so much safer though and actually puts off a lot of light.  I tried to find a website to buy them and it looks like she only sells wholesale but if you google it there are other people that sell them online. They are called Moon Shiners - Sun Powered Lids - Primitives by Kathy

 I also wanted to share a family photo from the wedding.  It was just taken with a cellphone so it's not the best quality.  The only people missing are my sister and her husband and my son who is busy working on his Ph.D. and couldn't get away. ..and of course my mom who passed away about 4 years ago although she was there with us in spirit I'm sure!

My brother David, my niece Kendell, my dad Jack, my niece Erin, my nephew Andrew, his bride Meagan, me and my daughter Lauren.
It was such a beautiful wedding at a very beautiful venue! The potting table in the background was a gift from my dad to the bride and groom. One of his many beautiful handmade woodwork creations. Here is another photo of it...
My dad sells some of his handwork at another really cute shop in Sutter Creek called "Heart and Soul"


If you click on that link for her Facebook page and scroll down you can see my dad's "Uncle Sams" he makes.  These days my dad is making smaller things but he's still out building things even though he will be 89 next month!  He is amazing!  Both my parents were very creative and talented!



 **********


Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 

 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.

 [signature.gif]

17 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me???
You're Dad is 89 and made that STUNNING one of a kind potting bench ?
It's unbelievably gorgeous Cindy !
Thanks so much for the party - lovely family photo - hope you have a great weekend.
( I'm still in awe over that potting table )

Unknown said...

Love the moonshiners and wow on the bench :) Glad you had a good time!

Sarah said...

Thanks for hosting, Cindy. Love your dad's Uncle Sam figures. I'd like to add one to my own collection.

Kim said...

It's my first time linking up here, Cindy. Thanks so much for the party. I read your post a few weeks ago about your 10 year anniversary...wow, that is a long, long time. Congrats and here's to many more. Ps- your dad's handiwork is stunning.

Joy Junktion said...

Well, I love Sutter Creek, Amador City, Placerville, and all of those sweet little towns along Hwy 49 and those great shops. I've not been there in years but spend many weekends traveling that area when we lived on the eastern side of the Sierras! I had not seen those solar lids before, however I am going to try and find a few! That would make some sweet lights for the patio! Looks like you had a great wedding too! Blessings for a wonderful weekend! Cindy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks Cindy for Show and Tell Friday. Love joining in. Solar lid - what a great idea.

Home Chic Club said...

Wow, what a great Dad you have! Beautiful work! Thanks for hosting!
xoxo

Heirloom treasures said...

What a clever dad you have The bench is beautiful. Looks like a pretty bride too. You all look so happy.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you Cindy for hosting a great party! See back here tomorrow. Jo

Curtains in My Tree said...


I love family weddings and glad to see what your Dad looks like after hearing about him for years .
Love that potting table that would look great in my kitchen

have a good weekend

the cape on the corner said...

thanks for hosting!
b

joannabri said...

Those jars are cute and I can think of a million places to put those! Thank you for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a fun party. We would appreciate it if you would stop by our party. We would love to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

Melissa said...

Cindy, thank you for hosting!

CD Loken said...

What an awesome DAD! Love the table, Cindy-and the family photo's! Thank you so much for sharing, and for hosting the party!! Have a great weekend!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

WOW, your dad really makes some beautiful items. Love the potting bench - probably the prettiest one I ever seen.
The wedding sound like you enjoyed yourself - great picture of the family.
Thanks so much for the great party.
Mary