Thursday, November 07, 2013

Cozy Autumn Evenings - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!


I was out on my patio and looked in at my apartment and thought I would snap some photos. These are taken from outside my patio sliding door on Tuesday evening.  The days are still warm here but the evenings are getting much cooler. I love Autumn! It's so cozy and the excitement of the holiday season and decorating for Christmas is just around the corner!  I can hardly wait!  



It's this time of year that I love to make crock pot dinners and light the candles around my apartment.  While I was outside I could smell wood burning in someone's fireplace.  A fireplace...that's probably the thing I miss the most living in an apartment.  That and having a washer and dryer of my own that I don't have to add quarters to! When my mind goes there, I remind myself to be grateful for what I do have and stop thinking about what I don't have!


I am very grateful that even though I live in an apartment I've made it a home!  A cozy home that I enjoy coming home to after a long day at work.  A glass of wine, dinner in the crockpot and candles burning... a few of the little things that make me happy!


I'm also loving my wood laminate floors!  Next month will be 1 year since my landlord put them in and I sure do love them a lot more than the carpeting! 


Last weekend my friend Karen and I went hiking in the redwoods at Henry Cowell State Park so I thought I would share a couple photos with you.  It's only about 20 minutes away but it felt like a mini vacation when we were there for the afternoon!  There are a lot of hiking trails in Northern California but this is one of my favorites!


We got a late start but I think we hiked about 5 or 6 miles. I think we will be going back soon!



Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 

 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.





[signature.gif]

26 comments:

Karen said...

Your home looks beautiful Cindy. The scenery is really pretty on the hiking trail too. Thanks for hosting, have a good weekend.

Susan Freeman said...

The loveliest place to hike Cindy. You are blessed to live in one of the most beautiful spots in the country.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Unknown said...

That looks like an awesome hike! Thanks for hosting :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Patty Rumaker said...

Your home looks lovely. I also live in an apartment and it has been an adjustment but I am getting use to it. I do miss my fireplace greatly. Thank you so much for hosting. California looks like a beautiful place to live and to take a nice hike. I do have a nice size porch and I just decorated it in a shabby chic style - it makes me happy.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

chandrie said...

as always your home looks so nice i love all your post have a lovely weekend chan

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

Yes really made your place in a sweet home and, you understand so well that one of the secrets of happiness is being happy of what we have ! Looking at your pictures, makes me remember when (2 years ago) I went hiking along the pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostela ! Such a marvellous souvenir...
xoxo from PARIS/FRANCE

Joelle

Poppy said...

Your home looks invitingly cozy and warm, Cindy. Thanks for hosting!

Poppy

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for the party, Cindy! Great place to hike... and then come home to a cozy apartment :) Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful home and great lighting opportunity. Makes everything look really warm.

Heirloom treasures said...

I love your decor in your apartment Cindy, lovely taste. Nice place to hike too. :)

Peggy Thal said...

Your rooms looks beautiful . Wood floors are great. You just need some area rugs to finish it off.

Loribeth Clark said...

When I was living in an apartment, I felt the same way as you, and I also did what you did. I made my apartment a home. If I had stayed there longer, I was going to ask the landlord to replace the carpet with laminate too! Now I'm in a house my husband bought before we met, and I sure do miss the patio I had at my apartment. But, I do not miss putting quarters in the washer and dryer!! Your apartment looks lovely. I would enjoy coming home to it too, if I were you.

Anonymous said...

Amazing that you transformed an apartment into something magazine worthy! LOVELY!

Unknown said...

Your apartment looks so pretty. It looks like you have upstairs too, which is nice. I personally can't handle one floor homes. I wouldn't like not having a washer or dryer either. When my husband and I got our first apartment that was a must have for me. Thanks for hosting!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Hi Cindy

WE all like cozy and hun it was 26 degrees here last night

That hiking place looks wonderful I really need to get out and walk the Katy Trail and enjoy autumn

how is your Dad ? LOL

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Your apartment is lovely and it is very cozy looking. Your floors look really nice.
Have a great weekend.
Gina

Sarah said...

Your abode is beautiful! Absolutely lovely, Cindy.
~ Sarah

Jeannie and Linda said...

Hi Cindy, Your place is lovely, but I know exactly how you feel, I'm looking for a place now, and everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting a bigger home. You've reminded just how nice a condo can be. Thank you, and thank you for hosting.
Jeannie

This N That said...

Your home is lovely..so inviting..Thanks for hosting Cindy..

Victoria said...

Your home looks so lovely and inviting Cindy! I love your laminate floors:) We're long time apartment dwellers also, we moved from So Cal to Florida just over a year ago and all the apartments here come with washer/dryers...I love it!!! I spent many years doing laundry for 3 boys in a community laundry room so I understand!

Gorgeous hiking trail:)

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Would love to come in and talk about decorating!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your home is so lovely - you certainly have made it so beautiful and relaxing.
What a gorgeous hiking trail - lots of pretty trees.
Have a great weekend.
Mary

Ev said...

I love your home Cindy. I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work pals, I really enjoy reading your interesting blogs. Dawnette