One of my readers, Renata, emailed me this beautiful photo of her hydrangeas that she is drying. This makes me wish I didn't cut all my hydrangeas in the summer to make bouquets like the one below. I did have one left on my bush so I cut it off yesterday and I'm going to dry it. Maybe next year I will be able to restrain myself from cutting them so I can dry them and enjoy their beauty so much longer!
Also, Brenda has tagged me with the 7 things you don't know about me. This is getting harder to do because I've already told you so much about me already but I'll give it a try.
1. I just joined a Supper Club. I was in one before but we could never find a time when everyone was available to meet for dinner so it just fizzled out. Cooking Light Magazine has a place on their website where you can find other people in your area that want to start a supper club or as in my case a Supper Club that is looking for new members. In case you never heard of this before ~ you get together with about 5 others and either bring food or cook at the host's home. Usually there is a theme. The theme for the one I'm going to this month is "Tapas." It should be a lot of fun.
2. I'm REALLY afraid of spiders. If they're outside it's not so bad but if they are in the house I freak out. This is not a good fear to have when you are a single mom and you've raised a daughter to be freaked out by spiders too. We scream a lot and try to figure out who will kill it and how. I'm sure it would be very comical to someone watching us.
3. I love brussel sprouts and so do my kids!
4. I love to cook and bake.
5. Sometimes I have so many emails in my personal email box that I just delete them all to start over and hope that there wasn't something important in there. I apologize if you sent me an email and I didn't' respond. I really try not to do this and I think I reply to about 99.9% of them but I find it really hard to keep up sometimes.
6. I grew up in 4 different houses by the time I was 10. My parents would buy a house, fix it up and then sell it.
7. I went bungee jumping to celebrate my 30th birthday and I did it twice. It was fun but now I have a fear of heights that I didn't have before I did it. I must be getting old because I can't imagine bungee jumping now!
As usual, I'm not going to tag anyone but if you would like to do it, consider yourself tagged.