Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've been tagged again

Pin It Now!

I was tagged by Grace of Rose Cottage Lane almost a week ago and I'm just getting around to doing this. This is the High Vibes Game... 5 things that get my vibes going...I really have no idea what that means. LOL Here's what I think gets my vibes going....

1. My Kids: Lauren who's now 14 and thinks she's twenty. She has a heart of gold. My most proud moment was when she told me she saw a lady at the store with a walker who was having a hard time and she asked if she needed any help. Vince, the child who has exceeded my expectations. A great son, student, and a zest for life like no one else I've ever met! His enthusiasm is so contagious! I feel very fortunate to have two great kids. I just wish they got along better with each other!

2. Beauty: I seek out beauty... flowers, fluffy white clouds, leaves blowing in the wind. When I allow myself to relax I can find beauty in so many places...on my commute home from work I notice the wildflowers (maybe they are just weeds) along the freeway, the birds flying overhead, etc. There is beauty everywhere if you just look around and I love to be aware of it.

3. Treasure Hunting: Either at a flea market, a thrift store or just a sale rack at Target. I love to find a great deal! It's the thrill of the hunt for me!

4. Nesting: I love moving things around in my home, just puttering around my home makes me happy.

5. Cooking: I love to cook and bake when I'm not rushed. I love the prepping of items, like chopping garlic, cleaning vegetables, etc. Once I feel rushed I don't enjoy it nearly as much. It is very relaxing and therapeutic if I can take my time.

I'm not going to tag anyone...if you want to do this please consider yourself tagged!

9 comments:

Southern Heart said...

You and I are very much alike! I, too, am a "nester" and love to cook when I have the proper time for preparation (I also like washing dishes by hand...sick, I know....). Your children do sound like wonderful kids! I know that you're proud of them, as you should be! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm the same. Even when I'm in the middle of having a bit of a stressful day at work I can pause and think of all the little things I love. Usually I zone out and think about what I'll stop at the store to pick up to make for supper. Just the prep work makes me happy. Remember how they'd say you know when your baby would be born because you'd start nesting? That really scared me because I've done that all my life...how would I notice the difference ha ha?
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I enjoyed what you said about the thrill of the hunt. I just finished writing a blog about collecting and checked on your blog via a friends. What you said about taking your time hit home. Even preparing a basic dinner can become a zen like experience when you can take your time with it.

Rosemary said...

Hi Cindy,
I love your list. I am a lot like you.
I took the movie star quiz. It says I am like Audrey Hepburn.
That's good I guess.
I never have scanned the magazines, so I won't start. I heard that somewhere else too.
Not a good idea.
Have a great weekend!
Rosemary

Lallee said...

I'm pretty much the same about cooking. Sometimes I think I have a love-hate relationship with it. If I'm tired or rushed, it's no fun at all. When the mood strikes I enjoy it very much.

Noticing beauty around you is a good way to live!

The movie star test was fun. I'll post my results next week, along with another one I took recently.

Sue said...

Cindy, Thank you for the warning from Barbara. It has made me think seriously about my blogging. I loved Inspiration Friday and was trying to figure out how to join in. Your post came just in time.
Sue

a pink-bee said...

I.m a nester too. :)
Posted about screen doors today and your's is one of the ones that inspired me :)
Hope you ahve a great weekend.
crystal

Susie Q said...

I love your list! You are such a wonderful family!

I am a true nester too...you have created such a warm and beautiful home.

Hugs,
Sue

Connie said...

Oh, I love to "putter" too. We are from northern California also. When I saw your blog I couldn't stop reading. I understand what you say! I love my home and making it beautiful for my hubby and me to just "cocoon" in. One of my dreams is to lay in a field and watch the white fleecy clouds. Aaaah, what a treat that would be. Love your blog, sweets!
Connie