Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Pin It Now!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Yesterday my daughter and I entered our dog, Beau, in the 3rd annual Petco Chihuahua Races. There were 250 chihuahuas racing. The dogs raced on the little track pictured below, 10 dogs at a time. (The track was only 35 feet long). We were the 4th group of 25 groups to race. Beau came in first in that round so he and the second place dog went on to the semi-finals. We had to wait around for 21 more races before the semi-finals began. We went to the mall and then went to Taco Bell for lunch. We came back and it was time for Beau to race...HE WON AGAIN! We then had to wait for the finals. I was so nervous. The winner was going win a trip to San Diego for 2 people and your dog to compete in the National Championship Race. There were only 5 dogs competing in the finals. Just 4 other dogs and our Beau. They opened the gates and dogs all ran out, except Beau, he was trying to get out but he kept hitting his head on the top of the gate. He finally got out but the other dogs had such a big head start that he didn't have a chance. He came in last of the Finals. We won a $5 Petco gift card. That's okay we had so much fun and so did he. Now we need to train for next year!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. My. Gosh. How fun was THAT?! My daughter has a chihuahua, and I told her all about your adventure..thanks so much for sharing!
Tracey

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, so cute. Sorry he didn't win the finals. Glad you had a fun time though.
Rosemary

Elaine said...

Awww, he is so CUTE! Wish he had won.

I just want to take this time to let you know how much I appreciate how you manage to find the time to post nearly every day. I really enjoy your blog and decorating style.

Susie Q said...

You go Beau! He did just great and I know you are proud of him! I bet he sleeps well tonight!
Next year...maybe the trip!!
He is so handsome...what a face!
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time and Beau did really well!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Beau, hitting his little head! But, he did great anyway. Happy moms day to you!

Nicole said...

What a little trooper! Go Beau!
It sounds like a great time was had by all.

Southern Heart said...

Cindy, I loved hearing about your weekend. Your dog is just so cute (my grandparents had the same breed...a well-loved girl named Bebe). I'm sorry that he didn't win, but he sure did well, and I'm sure that you were a rightfully proud mommy! :)

Andrea

Gayla said...

Aw... he is so cute. And what a little speedy one! Glad you had fun. Have a great week.

Betty Jo said...

What a cutie pie Beau is! He did really well and sounds like you both had a lot of fun. Perhaps he'll be the champ next year. xoxo