Thursday, November 30, 2006

Let's be honest...

Pin It Now!



Hi my name is Cindy and I'm a magazineoholic. Not just any magazines, certainly not the $2.99 trash magazines located at the grocery store lines. I crave the good stuff...decorating magazines mostly. I have my mother to thank for this addiction (along with addictions to dishes and old linens.) Off the top of my head, this month I have bought Country Home, Country Living, Romantic Homes, Home Companion, Coastal Living, Bon Appetit, Cottage Living and Cottages & Bungalows(the premier edition) and I subscribe to La Vie Claire. I 'm sure there may be some others that I'm forgetting. My addiction is so bad that now I'm venturing off to some new fixes. I found these at Borders yesterday, The English Home (actually from the UK and absolutely beautiful) and Cape Cod Life (I couldn't pass this one up because it says "including Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket). I actually went to Borders to find Southern Lady Magazine and Cottage Style Magazine but they didn't have them so I couldn't go home empty handed. I really don't want help with this addiction because I can't imagine my life without these. They bring me so much joy. I'm a full-time single mom who also works full-time so these magazines are my entertainment, along with reading blogs of course. I feel some day they will take over my house because I can't stand the thought of throwing them away. I know I'm supposed to cut out the things I like and put them in a binder but I really enjoy going back and looking at the whole magazine months or even years later. I threw out some of my old Victoria Magazines years ago (oh how I miss that magazine) and I regret it. At least I still have the last few years worth. Do any of you want to admit that you have this same addiction? Come on admitting is the first part of recovery!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I admit it! I love magazines as well... and miss the Victorian magazine too. I find them quite often at garage sales. Next to my bed right now I have all the old Xmas issues of my favourites - Country Home, Country Living, House and Home, Better Homes and Gardens, Mary Engelbreit ... the list goes on and on. I just can't throw them away.

Shabbee Chick said...

LOVE ME Home Companion and Romantic Homes. I am a magazine a-holic, too and even posted a blot about it a while back. They are my therapy!

Meg said...

I love them, too! Never heard of Cottages & Bungalows...I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for clueing me in on that one!

Jen Kershner said...

Okay, yes. I'll admit it. And like you, I have just discovered the english magazines. And the canadian ones. Why me? Wasn't it bad enough before?

I miss the old Victoria magazines too and only saved a few of them.

linda t said...

ME TOO! I LOVE decorating magazines!